What Type of Unit does RWR Symbol "A" Designate?

kronovan

I see this symbol on the RWR the most often when flying the A-10A in Insta-action. It's display is almost always accompanied by a Mud Spike radio call, so I'm fairly certain it's some ground threat - also never has a caret symbol displayed a over it. "A" isn't listed in the table for threat types in the A-10A of FC3 manuals, so I'm wondering if it has a specific designation or if it represents some global type of threat?

Radar guided AAA. Probably a M-163 Vulcan, ZSU-23-4 Shilka or Gepard.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Radar guided AAA. Probably a M-163 Vulcan, ZSU-23-4 Shilka or Gepard.

I thought of those, but the Vulcan is supposed to be designated by the symbol VU, the Shilka by 23 and the Gepard by GP. Unless the A is a global symbol for those types of units when they can't be accurately ID'd. I'm suspecting it's some other stationary early Cold War AAA, but I'm only guessing.

I thought of those, but the Vulcan is supposed to be designated by the symbol VU, the Shilka by 23 and the Gepard by GP. Unless the A is a global symbol for those types of units when they can't be accurately ID'd. I'm suspecting it's some other stationary early Cold War AAA, but I'm only guessing.

In DCS, all radar guided AAA uses the A symbol.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.