KIF utility

Johnny Dioxin

Slight deviation from plans - I'm doing start-ups for the Spitfire and Mustang today - hopefully have them up this evening, but if not, definitely by tomorrow evening. Pictorial definite, text hopefully as well.

I'll get the Viggen start-up done as soon as I can - then get back to the planned schedule (FC3 aircraft procedures, Ka-50 ABRIS and Mirage somewhere in between).

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Individual folders have now been updated with the maps, too. A-10A, Su-25 and Su-25T have some additional text lists which have not been fully released yet as they will be part of the FC3 update package.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Yes, thanks. :thumbup:

The one in the first post is okay ;)

Edit: and now so is the one in my sig (I don't have sigs on, so I didn't think to check that one :doh:)

Kneeboard Guides

I have been flying each aircraft to check for errors that may be caused by omissions or module updates etc, and have found a few things that need correcting - especially with the F-5E, but minor things with other modules.

In a couple of cases I simply found that something that wasn't on the official start-up tutorial was a good idea to do anyway.

I will correct or change these as I go along. Once all modules have been checked and updated or corrected as necessary, I will post it here, so you can download the package anew, with everything as it should be. This will take a couple of weeks - I get time to fly one or two tests per evening, and I will be adding the Viggen, once it has been put on the release version of 1.5

I will then also upload the whole up to date KIF utility to the user files section.

Further minor updates will be uploaded to the Dropbox server - the user files version will only be updated when substantial changes have been made.

These uploads to User Files will be numerically sequential in version number and will be complete packages. The individual module kneeboards will remain available on Dropbox, but will be renamed to include the date of upload.

Hopefully this will make things clearer and easier for you guys as well as for me.

Kneeboard Guides

One further thing - I will be moving news etc for this to my website, along with further info. I'm working hard on getting everything sorted out now and will post a direct link to the page, once all is ready.

The 'old' style pictorial guides and so on will also ne hosted there, the downloads will continue to be uploaded to the places stated (Dropbox and DCS User Files for all major versions)

Thanks.

Kneeboard Guides

The full utility download from the first post appears to be corrupt.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

All the links working fine here.

Me being the masochistic sod that I am, I did the Viggen start-up for KIF - text and pictorial guides included.

Just wanted to thank you for all of your excellent work on this, it is very much appreciated.

You're welcome - it's nice to be able to do something useful for the community.

Edited by Brixmis
  • Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

• 3 weeks later...

There's been no work on this for a while, because I am busy with RL things, but I've attached a kneeboard pic of cimicikiller's RSBN mod for quick reference.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2451943/

Just put it in the module's kneeboard folder.

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 months later...

I'm moving this to my website. Any updates will appear there (notification and links) and I may do a YT vid when larger or module updates are released.

At the moment I am working on fitting the Ka-50 ABRIS guide to kneeboard size. It was made by taking notes from Wags' excellent video tutorials on the ABRIS a few years back.

No timescale for that - it's done when it's done, as well as other stuff that I do bits on as and when. I have far too much going on to be able to give definite times/dates or guesstimates. Plus stuff changes all the time and checking over older content takes time, too.

I've started posting the kneeboard contents onto the website, it will take a little time, but then it will also be cleaned up (at the moment I'm just posting the kneeboard pics as they are).

THIS is the page concerned.

Thank you.

Kneeboard Guides

I'm moving this to my website. Any updates will appear there (notification and links) and I may do a YT vid when larger or module updates are released.

At the moment I am working on fitting the Ka-50 ABRIS guide to kneeboard size. It was made by taking notes from Wags' excellent video tutorials on the ABRIS a few years back.

No timescale for that - it's done when it's done, as well as other stuff that I do bits on as and when. I have far too much going on to be able to give definite times/dates or guesstimates. Plus stuff changes all the time and checking over older content takes time, too.

I've started posting the kneeboard contents onto the website, it will take a little time, but then it will also be cleaned up (at the moment I'm just posting the kneeboard pics as they are).

THIS is the page concerned.

Thank you.

Web page bookmarked

Thabks for the ongoing development

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers - the website name and address will be changing as soon as I have made the new templates for it.

The new website name will be Virtual Pilot and the address will be http://www.virtual-pilot.org.uk

Kneeboard Guides

OK I've made the switch to Virtual Pilot - but due to some tech hitch the website is not showing up.

Been on to the service support today but their solutions didn't work - I'll be back on to them on Monday.

Meantime, the DropBox links are still valid.

Kneeboard Guides

Okay, Virtual Pilot is up - it's nothing fancy - just somewhere to host stuff and make it available.

Rest of the KIF stuff will be up ASAP - and it will be redone so it can be referenced properly from the website, like it used to be with the pictorial guides (for viewing on a tablet or similar, whilst flying).

The old SimVoiceChecklists I did will be hosted there, too. I'll get it better organised in time.

Currently not enough hours in a day!

http://www.virtual-pilot.org.uk/

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work,thanks a lot!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 1 month later...

You're welcome :)

I've updated the files for the AJS-37, as I missed out a couple of steps - luckily, they were obvious ones, so shouldn't have caused too much problem.

Because of the way the Viggen kneeboard has been done, you can't just drop these in, like you can with all the others, but you can use it for reference.

I have also posted the files on the virtual-pilot website, as guides, which is what they all originally were:

http://www.virtual-pilot.org.uk/content/guides+ref/content/dcs_guides.htm

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 months later...