Degraded Su-27 aerodynamic lift

Maverick Su-35S

11 hours ago, Maverick Su-35S said:

Yes, I'm quick to counter 

I wouldn't exactly call four years quick, but I now believe you really are some sort of project lead or middle manager with this kind of time management.

11 hours ago, Guppy said:

**Wall of text crits you for 9000**

**Dead**

Looks like you struck a nerve with that one. I can already sense Nineline and Bignewy closing in.

Edited by Mars Exulte

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Look... If you are expecting a game to be 100% to real life you are setting yourself up for failure. ED never has claimed these modules are 100% accurate; they've said they are the best recreations of these fighters using the data they have. That's not 100%. Further, like all software and development activities there is a point of diminishing returns... you can spend millions making something as close to perfect, as possible, or be happy with 90%. A recreation in a digital universe can never be 100% accurate in all aspects to real life; it's not possible, at least with tech today.

Additionally, posting youtube videos is not a definitive resource. How much fuel does the jet have? What were the weather/atmospheric conditions? How fast was the wind? Was there wind? Was the pilot flying into the wind to create lift in certain aspects? There are so many unknowns.

My observations over the years is that typically Maverick posts when he got shot down on some server by an F-15 driver and he comes on to these forums fuming because he did not win. I've seen it here, I've seen it on discord, it's absurd. So absurd that he necro posts to go on a soliloquy.

Until ED makes his '27 absolute perfection he's going to continue to go on these rants about how "under powered" the '27 is and how uber the 15 is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, jackmckay said:

Let me tell you a bit about my background. I studied three collogues, Air Traffic, Mech engineering and IT. Quit all before finals. Why? Cos I felt I'm on wrong places, many materials were outdated and I somehow too often managed to outperform my professors.

Big Gecko45 vibes from this guy.

Edited by Mars Exulte

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Let me get this straight. DCS might have right reference charts, and performance numbers might also match those charts, except in one little important thing - time to chart spot aka acceleration and deceleration intervals. And that data sniping is a damn BIG deal. If set wrong, it will make quarter mile run 1000HP car inferior to 500HP car at near equal weight.
Core issue. Tnx.

4 hours ago, jackmckay said:

Question everything boyz. I might be a big mouth liar though? Nothing on topic? No critics, comments, suggestions? Only raw helpless personal tagging. I'm sad, lonely and disappointed.

image.gif

What for, so they delete one's posts like in the F-16 forum ?

Just a waste of time.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 5 months later...

By the way, would anyone know the: total lifting area of the Su-27 ?

I've been searching through the web, but so far no avail.

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

On 4/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, Top Jockey said:

By the way, would anyone know the: total lifting area of the Su-27 ?

I've been searching through the web, but so far no avail.

Thank you.

Looks like the wing area is 62m2 - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/ed7/Su-27 DCS Flaming Cliffs Flight Manual EN.pdf, [10]
No idea about the rest :(.

• Like 1

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

An extension is available for both Google and Brave browsers that allows the ChatGPT response to be displayed simultaneously with Google's reply, making it a useful tool to have for queries like this.

Me: Total lifting area of the Su-27

ChatGPT: I'm sorry, but I cannot provide the total lifting area of the Su-27 as it is not a well-defined term in aircraft design.

However, the Su-27 is a Russian fighter jet that was designed and built by Sukhoi. It has a wingspan of 14.7 meters (48.2 feet) and a wing area of 62 square meters (667 square feet). The specific lifting area of an aircraft can vary depending on the design and configuration of the wings, and is typically measured in square meters or square feet.

• Like 1

LG C1 65", NZXT BLD, i9-12900K, 32G 4400MHz, RTX 3080, WinWing Orion2 w/ F-16EX Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, StreamDeck XL, Virpil Rudders, Tobii 5

Thank you for your time people!

I know that some specific data on jets isn't always easy to find.

My motive to try knowing this stuff is related to have a rough idea of some jets aerodynamic capabilities.

Yep, wing area is easily available at wikipedia, but overall / total lift area / surface / etc. might not be that easy.

But it is know for some jets, i.e. the MiG-29:

- total lift area: 60,9  (square meters)

- wing area: 38  (square meters)

Thank you eitherway!

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...