Kneeboard map needs some features...

i don't use kneeboard too much since it is not usable for me. i have some wishes and if those are already in it please let me know:

1- Toggle kneeboard to screen, not forcing to push and hold K key

RShift+K if I remember correct. Search for "Toggle Kneeboard" in controls

2- Mouse click to turn next/previous pages

nice Idea, maybe mousewheel support to quickly scroll through pages?

3- Index page with mouse click ability to go directly related page

Maybe an index row at the side?

4- See the briefing in kneeboard

Great idea, much more immersive, may be with different pages for situation, task, weather, and threats.

5- Zoom in out the pages

Nice. In addition maybe an option to set the "base" size of the kneeboard to personal preference?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Ad 1. It already works this way. By default RShift+K (IIRC)

Ad 2. Would be nice to have

Ad 3. There is already a functionality to bookmark and quick access specific pages. I don't recall the combination right now, I've modified my settings to use LAlt+(1...9). Looks like a core feature but it's not supported by all of the modules.

Ad 4. Would be nice to have. Kneeboard builder (mod) can do that.

Ad 5. Wouldn't hurt but frankly speaking if the page can't be read without zooming-in, it's probably not formatted in a correct way.

EDIT: Snipped by Shagrat :)

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

i don't use kneeboard too much since it is not usable for me. i have some wishes and if those are already in it please let me know:

1- Toggle kneeboard to screen, not forcing to push and hold K key

2- Mouse click to turn next/previous pages

3- Index page with mouse click ability to go directly related page

4- See the briefing in kneeboard

5- Zoom in out the pages

All good ideas (some already there, as mentioned above).

Kneeboard briefing page would be awesome!

Another thing I think would really rock in the kneeboard would be the ability to WRITE on it...think about it, most pilots use pens (there are several A-10C videos where you can actually see them writing using their pens, which are attached to their gloves) so you could make anotations on maps, cross out waypoints you already flown, count enemies down, radio channels/freq, or just painting if bored :D

I think it would be a great and REALISTIC addition.

Take a look at my MODS here

That. I need a crayon to write on the inside of my canopy, desperately.

Another thing I think would really rock in the kneeboard would be the ability to WRITE on it...think about it, most pilots use pens (there are several A-10C videos where you can actually see them writing using their pens, which are attached to their gloves) so you could make anotations on maps, cross out waypoints you already flown, count enemies down, radio channels/freq, or just painting if bored :D

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

+1000:thumbup:

+10,000

!!!

8)

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to see other pilots are interested in the ability to write in the kneeboar :thumbup:

I also forgot to say that it would be even more important in VR as you cant use other external anotation tools to take notes or whatever you need so it would be specially important there, and of course you could phisically get closer to your leg to write it/read it just like in real life.:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

- It would be good if we have real time and moving mark point on kneeboard like f10 map.

map becomes markpoint trash after a while. and "delete mark points" would be good too

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Glad to see other pilots are interested in the ability to write in the kneeboar :thumbup:

I also forgot to say that it would be even more important in VR as you cant use other external anotation tools to take notes or whatever you need so it would be specially important there, and of course you could phisically get closer to your leg to write it/read it just like in real life.:thumbup:

Being able to write on your kneeboard is one of its key functions. Usually done with a plastic window that you write on with a grease-pen that you can wipe off with your glove or sleeve.

I was thinking of having a small drawing board attached to the knee with a stylus, and the game could read the surface area as being the kneeboard. Then we would need the kneeboard to be a 3D object that you'd look at in the cockpit instead of having it as a 2D rendition. Would be so good in VR.

But that's just my wishful thinking... would need the proper peripheral to begin with.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

- It would be good if we have real time and moving mark point on kneeboard like f10 map.

map becomes markpoint trash after a while. and "delete mark points" would be good too

That should be a server side forceable option, since you can't see your location on a real kneeboard/map unless you specifically mark it down yourself. That said, the current maps on the kneeboard hardly supportany sort of in-flight orienteering. Something that we really need in my opinion.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

That should be a server side forceable option, since you can't see your location on a real kneeboard/map unless you specifically mark it down yourself. That said, the current maps on the kneeboard hardly supportany sort of in-flight orienteering. Something that we really need in my opinion.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

can you now disable ctrl+k markpoint in mp servers?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

can you now disable ctrl+k markpoint in mp servers?

I don't know. I was mostly referring to having a constantly updated location marker on a kneeboard map. That would be considered a cheat in my opinion... what is the point of navigation if you can just look at your magical kneeboard, right?

yes you are right in your aspect but i don't think it is legitimate thinking a plane without tad map or gps device.

Youtube

I don't know. I was mostly referring to having a constantly updated location marker on a kneeboard map. That would be considered a cheat in my opinion... what is the point of navigation if you can just look at your magical kneeboard, right?

Depends on the aircraft. Two seater like the Helos usually have one guy in a "navigator" role, usually the mission commander, who tracks the course and indicates landmarks and such to the pilot. So "if" server enforces this, we need a human navigator in the helos, as otherwise any ad hoc divert/course planning during mission would mean to find a spot, land the helo and do the planning and math, as in-flight it is impossible as a single pilot.

Either you can do good estimates and have VFR conditions so you use landmarks and rule-of-thumbs and ad hoc correction for crosswind and course calculations, or you are in a pretty nasty spot.

Just my two cents.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)