I have a very strange problem.

4eyes

Three days ago, the DCS sound started messing up when ever I tried using Shadow Play. As soon as I turned on Shadow Play, the warning voices in Cockpit in all aircraft, became garbled and appear to slow down in speed.

Here's what I have done:

1. Checked all aircraft. It happens to every aircraft's voice warning system when Shadow Play or any video recorder is used. Including in house Su-25T

2. I tried a different video recorder OBS. Exactly the same thing happened. I turn it on, and the voice warnings run slow and are garbled.

When I turn Shadow Play off, the voices remain garbled. When I re-load the Mission, the voice warnings work perfectly again until I turn Shadow Play on again.

3. All other sounds in DCS work great.

4. I repaired DCS

5. I Re-installed DCS

6. I check "all" drivers on the computer. All are up to date.

7. I re-installed Nvidia. Played with all the settings. Other than High Performance, I use default settings.

8. Performed a Windows troubleshoot. Windows is up to date. No problems.

I have just spent the last few hours searching the Internet for this problem. Found nothing.

I have a good fps of 90-115.

I have the F-18 Hornet and A-10a only. No other Mods.

Anyone heard of this problem before?

I have a decent Kit. i7, 32 Ram and Nvidia 1080. Everything worked perfectly until 3 days ago. :(

OK, I figured it out. Shadow Play opens Lalt+z. In the General Controls Lalt+z controls the "time speed". I didn't figure I would ever use the "time speed" so I deleted Lalt+z in the General Controls. Leaving it blank.

The problem is, you need to do that for each of your aircraft! Changing the General Controls alone will not work.