A10C

boseimmpmsn.com

Newbie to A10C, unable to unload any weapons in training for Litening pod, General purpose bombs, Unguided Rockets, Precision Guided Munitions, Maverick. I can in Air to Air. I've been with it religiously for 3 weeks and I'm just looking to let go of a few bombs. I'm sure you need more information than what I am giving you although, I'm not sure of what information about what to give you. Please help. If this is the incorrect format please advise. Oh, I need a teacher. Is anyone interested?

Edited by boseimmp@msn.com

• ED Team

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You need to be on the ground and use the rearm menu at a friendly airport.

LAlt + ' and the window will pop up, select the weapons you need, then once rearm is complete you need to reload the DSMS.

* Click and hold the MSG button on the right MFCD

* Click the OSB next to Load

* Click the MSG button again to redesignate that button as the Load button

* Do your load

Some guides on youtube, I have linked one below.

hope it helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You need to be on the ground and use the rearm menu at a friendly airport.

LAlt + ' and the window will pop up, select the weapons you need, then once rearm is complete you need to reload the DSMS.

* Click and hold the MSG button on the right MFCD

* Click the OSB next to Load

* Click the MSG button again to redesignate that button as the Load button

* Do your load

Some guides on youtube, I have linked one below.

hope it helps

I appreciate your help greatly. I will give it a shot.

Maybe I should have spoken a little more in depth. The weapons are already loaded when I do the training missions. My problem is that when I am in flight I lock targets and nothing releases. No bombs deploy. I can't figure It out. I go through the step by step lesson. I follow the instructors play by play, when it is time to release I hit the weapon release button and no bombs release. Does this help me at all?

Maybe I should have spoken a little more in depth. The weapons are already loaded when I do the training missions. My problem is that when I am in flight I lock targets and nothing releases. No bombs deploy. I can't figure It out. I go through the step by step lesson. I follow the instructors play by play, when it is time to release I hit the weapon release button and no bombs release. Does this help me at all?

Check to see if you have “game mode” selected within the main menu of DCS (under settings). If you do, weapon employment is not possible. Let us know.

Welcome to the forums!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hi boseimmp,

Welcome

Recommend you also download this guide for the A-10C here.

These guides break things down some more and walk you through it, plus watch some more YouTube vids.

Take your time and get your controls setup, unless using the thrustmaster warthog now? You really need to get to know a few things before training with others.

Spi and Soi

TMS (Long/Short)

DMS (Long/Short)

Coolie hat left/right/up

Boat switch

etc

Take a good look at that manual I Recommended.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I'm afraid we can only do some wild speculations to what could be the issue here. To actually determine the problem we would need a more detailed step by step description or, even better, a track file.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Don and David,

A bit of THANKS. One simple box not checked means you cannot fire weapons. I have spent the last three weeks going through training modules, I want to say, at least 28 sessions, thinking that I have not hit the correct DMS switch or TMS switch or Coolie hat or Boat switch. I have been training for a month now. I have all of the Thrustmaster Warthog hardware, nice equipment, 3 monitors, 2 MFD's, spent a small fortune on equip. to learn to fly the A10C and all along it was a simple check mark. Thanks again, I'm thrilled!!! And thank you for Chucks Tutorials...they will be very helpful.

Don and David,

A bit of THANKS. One simple box not checked means you cannot fire weapons. I have spent the last three weeks going through training modules, I want to say, at least 28 sessions, thinking that I have not hit the correct DMS switch or TMS switch or Coolie hat or Boat switch. I have been training for a month now. I have all of the Thrustmaster Warthog hardware, nice equipment, 3 monitors, 2 MFD's, spent a small fortune on equip. to learn to fly the A10C and all along it was a simple check mark. Thanks again, I'm thrilled!!! And thank you for Chucks Tutorials...they will be very helpful.

Very happy to hear you have sorted it out, and that training won’t be in vain. Muscle memory works! Congrats on your acquisitions, and future employment of virtual freedom! :thumbup:

Bbbbrrrrrrrttttt :pilotfly:

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria