Another 2080 Ti review (KFA2 / Galax)

I took the plunge last week and ordered a 2080 Ti.

Most of the cards on the market are too long for my case, so my options were a little limited. I did first order the MSI Sea Hawk AIO water cooled card, but was promptly informed it's not in stock after all.

After some more searching I stumbled upon the KFA2 2080 Ti OC card, which also ticked my length criteria. This card happens the cheapest on the market, being around 350€ less expensive than the more high-end models.

But as 2080 Tis are already ridiculously expensive, I decided to take a chance on this card.

I have to say, so far I'm very pleased. The reason the card has a relatively low price is the basic cooling solution. The advertised boost clock is also not that high at 1620 MHz, but average if compared to other cards on the market.

While I expected a faster card, I didn't expect any surprises. So I was surprised to see, that my card does 1835 MHz at stock settings, reaching a comfortable 73 degrees. Also, I can easily push the card to 2000 MHz and hit 79 degrees at stock fan speeds. With a custom fan curve (and only somewhat more noise), I can keep the card at 72.

Playing DCS in VR with my Oculus Rift I get noticeably better performance. On my 1080 Ti i ran DCS with 1.2 pixel density and medium visibility settings. I now get similar performance at 1.8 PD and ultra visibility.

Moral of the story: You don't always have to pay for the very high end product to get great performance.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Where did you buy it?

How much did you pay for it?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Congrats.

Subjective question... How are its noise levels?

For me, subjectively it's good. I've always been used to air cooling, so I'm not a silence freak.

That said, I've had much, much louder in the past. In fact, I'd say the fan motors are silent, it's just the airflow which can be heard.

Where did you buy it?

How much did you pay for it?

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/11GB-KFA2-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-Dual-Black-OC-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1288256.html

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat