Should I buy

I want to buy the Mi-8 while the sale is on. Do you guys recommend it or should I go for black shark2?

That really depends on you, all I can say is the Mi8 is an absolutely fantastic helicopter to fly. It's versatile in that you can use it for all sorts of rolls and it's surprisingly agile and well powered for something that's about 10 tonnes! (13ish tonnes MTOW)

I got the Mi8 and the BS 2 and to be honest the BS 2 isn't for me don't get me wrong the BS 2 is a great weapons platform but I find the Mi8 is much more fun to fly. On the other hand it seems more complicated than the Huey or even the Gazelle systems wise but I do recommend the Mi8.

I also suspect the Mi8 will be a good stepping stone into the Mi24 when it arrives. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Mi8

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

If you love Choppers, by all means, get this bad boy. The Mi-8 is fantastic! you WON'T be disappointed.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

if you like utility and light attack helicopters, get uh-1 and mi-8 both.

both are great and never regretted

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

JUST GET IT! You wont be disappointed. I have all the helo's and most of the fixed wing stuff but i'm in that baby 90+% of my time. it seems like a bit of a bus at first, but once you get the hang of it, it rocks! It's fast, the best sling loader and has some decent weapons. used with combined arms it is amazing. it opens up another side of the game

(sry sim)you can help your team m8's with stuff for the base or you can build your own attack force to go and attack an enemy base. just don't descend vertically faster that 3m a second and you'll be fine.

the TV3 117 engines in the mi 8 are also used in 95% of Russian helicopters.

so learn the mi-8 and every other Russian helicopter becomes easy.

just got the ka 50 in the sale and its easy to fly after learning the mi-8..

it even has the same engine gauges.. and the start-up is almost identical.

so if you want the mi-24 there is no better place to start than the mi-8

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

so if you want the mi-24 there is no better place to start than the mi-8

^^^THIS! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The MI-8 is a great module, however after the initial playing around with it it mostly just sits in my hangar. I get a lot more use out of and have more fun with the Ka-50. What types of missions do you want to do? moving cargo and troops? Get it. Pick off a farp's defenses from tree tops? Get the Ka-50.

Edited by Jester986
A apinfully bad ty[po

Jester is right on! However, as one that enjoys flying helicopters in DCS, I have to say that the Mighty 8 is by far the most fun to fly and recreates the "feel" of flying a fairly heavy helicopter. I say this with. Little over 10,000 hours in helicopters as a military/commercial pilot. I have the KA-50, the Gazelle and UH-1H and the Mi-8 is my favorite. Get it and you will not be sorry! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Razor puts it perfectly - well not that I have over 10000hrs in helos since I've got none actually :D But the feeling of flying heavyish iron is definitely there. Ach, the best module I've flown so far in any sim ever at any rate... FWIW ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

:D :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 3 weeks later...

Best thing i have ever bought for my PC. So glad i picked this for my first DCS complex module.

It has far surpassed my expectations. When i first loaded it up and starting playing around with all the switches, radios and so on i was shocked just how amazing and detailed job Belsimtek has done.

For roughly 30 years since my first sim Gunship 2000 on a 386 i've always wished for such a detailed helicopter simulation and its happened finally. Very happy customer.

Definitely buying the Huey next when i can afford it. :)

Sure you have already bought the Mi-8 now but if you haven't already bought it then you really should if you like helicopters.

I5 4690 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 760 2GB, 2x WD 500GB SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Win 7 x64, Sidewinder Precision 2, Logitech Momo Force Racing wheel that i've setup just for using the pedals as rudder/tail rotor control. Does the job.

Best thing i have ever bought for my PC. So glad i picked this for my first DCS complex module.

It has far surpassed my expectations. When i first loaded it up and starting playing around with all the switches, radios and so on i was shocked just how amazing and detailed job Belsimtek has done.

For roughly 30 years since my first sim Gunship 2000 on a 386 i've always wished for such a detailed helicopter simulation and its happened finally. Very happy customer.

Definitely buying the Huey next when i can afford it. :)

Sure you have already bought the Mi-8 now but if you haven't already bought it then you really should if you like helicopters.

I hope you have a rudder pedal kit because flying the huey is kinda hard without them.

I hope you have a rudder pedal kit because flying the huey is kinda hard without them.

Yeah i've been using pedals for the Mi-8. I'm sure it can't be too much more difficult to fly than the Mi-8 with no autopilot assists on. I've been practicing sling loading with that. I'll be fine with the Huey although i have a feeling the Mi-8 will still be my favorite. Looking forward to getting the Huey.

I5 4690 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 760 2GB, 2x WD 500GB SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Win 7 x64, Sidewinder Precision 2, Logitech Momo Force Racing wheel that i've setup just for using the pedals as rudder/tail rotor control. Does the job.

Hi,

i have all four helicopter modules. The mi-8 was the last model i bought. This was a mistake. I should have bought the mi-8 at first. It makes a LOT of fun to fly it!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!