lunchbreak in a Mi-8

Hi Mi-8 community!

Just wanted to share with you a unique location if you ever want to have a great burger or some sausages - grilled INSIDE a Mi-8 :):):)

This special grill is just next to the airport of Zurich/Switzerland (Klotenerstrasse in Ruemlang if you want to know precisely).

Close by used to be a very common grill which was famous with aviation enthusiasts for its great location very close to the Zurich airport runways (not so much for the quality of the food...). It was called "Heligrill" because it was located just next to numerous helipads. Due to construction work for a new apron, the site had to be "deconstructed" and relocated. But instead of just putting another "regular" grill, they came up with the beautiful idea to make it a "real" heli-grill!

Actually, it is now run by a nearby restaurant (called "Runway 34") which not only raised the quality of the food A LOT but also gave the new location a very appropriate "outfit"! Btw: The restaurant "Runway 34" features a Mirage III as a door guard.

The really cool thing: This Mi-8 airframe actually flew in Georgia for some time :-)

Greetings from Switzerland,

Christian

*EDIT: Pictures reloaded*

IMG_1358r.thumb.jpg.1aac41266ac4dfaf7fe194eff775015e.jpg

IMG_1366r.thumb.jpg.ac45004f4c68274910626acc74ce2644.jpg

IMG_1367r.thumb.jpg.310fab7d1b28d882f756e0d25bc26c02.jpg

IMG_1365r.thumb.jpg.05faeb4d8ed60547a78202f7fdd79b2b.jpg

Edited by Hog_No32
  • Like 1

When I open them, they're not :D. Neither in Opera, nor in Firefox.

Sorry for that - I've never uploaded pictures before... :no_sad:

On my iOS devices (where I uploaded them from) they appeared correct. But using a browser on my PC they were upside down as well...

I have edited and reloaded them - should be ok now

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, nice! Thanks for sharing!

I heard about "Runway 34", but I didn't know about the Heligrill.

Will check it out once I move to Zurich!

Best regards,

John

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 2 weeks later...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.