Chuck: DCS JF-17 Introduction Guide

Charly_Owl

Thanks a lot Chuck, it is a surprise since it isn't often that a developer gives you access before release of a new plane :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Allow me to correct your correction:

SOPs indicate that the rotation speeds I listed are correct. The pilot is expected to rotate at the given VR (Rotation) speeds by himself. The auto-rotate feature is designed as a safety feature and is not meant to be used for normal operation.

180 kts is pretty fast for a rotation speed; this leaves you very little time to abort a takeoff if you takeoff like that. The risk associated with that is that this procedure is not adapted for short runway and heavy payload configurations. Allowing the aircraft to go to these speeds may also be a safety hazard in the eventuality that the pilot needs to abort his landing and slam the brakes at high speeds. With high-pressure tyres, they could very well burst since wheel brakes are not designed to be operated at more than 145 kts IIRC.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Wow, now already? :D nice to see it, thx Chuck!

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Regarding the FCS logic, the automatic take-off trim function will activate when your wheel speed exceeds 41kts and start deflecting the horizontal stabiliser for around 8 deg (deflection angle) when reaching 108kts CAS. It can be checked through the FCS page.

Edited by LJQCN101

EFM / FCS developer, Deka Ironwork Simulations.

Regarding the FCS logic, the automatic take-off trim function will activate when your wheel speed exceeds 41kts and start deflecting the horizontal stabiliser for around 8 deg (deflection angle) when reaching 108kts CAS. It can be checked through the FCS page.

Does it also reset roll/yaw trim, or do we have to do that manually?

SOPs indicate that the rotation speeds I listed are correct. The pilot is expected to rotate at the given VR (Rotation) speeds by himself. The auto-rotate feature is designed as a safety feature and is not meant to be used for normal operation.

180 kts is pretty fast for a rotation speed; this leaves you very little time to abort a takeoff if you takeoff like that. The risk associated with that is that this procedure is not adapted for short runway and heavy payload configurations. Allowing the aircraft to go to these speeds may also be a safety hazard in the eventuality that the pilot needs to abort his landing and slam the brakes at high speeds. With high-pressure tyres, they could very well burst since wheel brakes are not designed to be operated at more than 145 kts IIRC.

Ok, I was just going by what Jabber's said. I don't know anything about this plane.

Thanks.

Buzz

Yessss, thanx Chuck. much appreciated!

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

yeah 180kts is fast and it makes sense as a backup feature to not blow your gear, but Vr is never used as a decision speed in ref. to a go-no-go. Just nit picking. thanks for the guide!!!

Chuck, as with everyone else in this community your guides are invaluable to me. I was wondering, if they're done, could you post the HOTAS Mapping and Curves pages? Thank you for everything you do for all of us, it's truly a monumental amount of work.