JF-17 Price?

MobiSev

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49,99$ will be OK (or little less) for this bird I guess, like it was for Harrier for example (at the beginning).

JF-17 isnt a plane and most expected addon ;) so the price must be attractive for people who never interested in this plane (do not to repeat the mistake with Hawk!). "F" series (like F-14, F-16, F-18 ) its different subject and the price here could be higher. The popularity can be checked in posts ...

IId like to know we will recive campain also? What we will see here at the beginning and what is planned?

A little quiet here from developers before 1 week of release.... hmmmm.

btw.

don't promise you will pay any price because you will get it :P (how many such customers there will be?).

Less price = more modules, this is market true and its the first payware module of Deka Ironwork.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't see why anyone expects it to be different compared to other high complexity modules. If no preorder, I think it's pretty clear that it'll launch with a price tag of 80$

BUT its not expected module like F-16, F-18 or F-14.

rwKvIk1m.jpg

Do You see the difference?

You can always buy twice, for friend for example :P .

Ok, we will see what ED do in the final. No official news yet so its a waste of time.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

rwKvIk1m.jpg

Do You see the difference?

You can always buy twice, for friend for example :P .

Ok, we will see what ED do in the final. No official news yet so its a waste of time.

Part of me is ready to refuse to buy the module if it is anything less than $80. I refuse to belittle someone's value just because they are not "expected".

Part of me is ready to refuse to buy the module if it is anything less than $80. I refuse to belittle someone's value just because they are not "expected".

Perhaps You never worked in sales or did a bussines, appreciation is not always runs on the market. It functions in dreams only and maybe for 5% of customers :D. We have also supply and demand and this is the trick of final price. How many people will buy unknown add-on for 80$? If You want to support, buy twice also. It will be appreciated Im sure.

This is an academic discussion. We'll see which way ED/DI will choose. I prefer 49,99$ for example. Bye!

I wish the best sell for DI but we need more infos, a little quiet here :( .

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Well, so YOU say - all I can say that on Discord, Facebook and reddit people are going nuts for the Thunder. Not really less than for the others you mentioned.

That is true. :)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

The price should reflect the complexity of the aircraft to simulate, not how popular it is in real life. Being easily as complex a plane as the Hornet or F-16 (based on all indications so far) I would not expect any less of a price. I do wish we had the opportunity for a discount like other expensive planes before the full price, but that's up to Deka/ED.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Perhaps You never worked in sales or did a bussines, appreciation is not always runs on the market. It functions in dreams only and maybe for 5% of customers :D. We have also supply and demand and this is the trick of final price. How many people will buy unknown add-on for 80$? If You want to support, buy twice also. It will be appreciated Im sure.

This is an academic discussion. We'll see which way ED/DI will choose. I prefer 49,99$ for example. Bye!

I wish the best sell for DI but we need more infos, a little quiet here :( .

Aaah, I haven't worked in marketing but I will tell you this. Your reasoning is flawed, only Deka knows what they should charge, but it has to be in proportion to complexity and time invested into the module.

Quality and complexity wins over popular model in my opinion. Also your unknown module/maker point is not a good one. If it is bad it will sell badly 80 or 40 doesn't matter, word will spread quickly and there will be YouTube reviews etc. As for JF-17 not being as popular as F-16, true it's not iconic, but it's not like we sim pilots have hundreds of modules to choose from. This will be the most modern we have in the game.

But here's some good bussiness for you. If they charge 40-50 for it, they have to sell 2x to make the same or a little bit more than one for 80. That means they can sell almost 50% less copies for the same amount of profit and still have potential to make more when and if they drop to a lower pricepoint. If they start at a lower pricepoint they will saturate the market faster, faster profit but less gain and 80 is not an unreasonable price, many other modules have sold for that price and from what I have seen in a far less completed state than this one is, makes sense right.

if you have to ask, you cant afford it

Or I just wanted to know the price...don’t be like that

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Hm, it's a high-def module, so why should they demand less than the other high-def modules? I would place it 70$-80$

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

If you don't get it then you may or may not be able to afford it. Or you're in denial.

Oh I got it, but it was just an unnecessary jab

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Aaah, I haven't worked in marketing but...

The price will be establish by ED and DI. Please dont force for the others "80", its not for all. If You want to do bigger support, buy twice as I wrote before. The first price of Harrier was 49,99$ and I think about "complicated" level of module will be the near the same (Razbam has bigger team also). This is first module of DI, if the level of entry in the price will be to high it could only be discouraging people who aren't a fan of JF-17. We'll see the way this Friday perhaps.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif