By the Numbers: Carrier Landing Geometry & the IFLOLS

Matthew10_28

Do you know the on speed H/E value; I can tell you where it will currently land on the Stennis.

I would be interested to know, thanks. I suppose H/E would be the same as the TA-4J. Post 22 above says 16.25.

PS: on the A-4 the hook only engages once the mains hit the deck, so H/E will not give the exact location, still interesting to know.

Edited by canned_fire

IRL they must land the F-14's altogether then the F/A-18's then E-2 Hawkeye etc. To have the correct height setup (When the F-14 was still in service).

That might be hard to do in DCS multiplayer, when there's F-14's and F/A-18's all doing Case 1 around the ship together.;)

As you can see there is quite the difference of 3 Feet between the F-14 and F/A-18. Thanks Curly

attachment.php?attachmentid=180308&d=1520135760

Hmm ...... That looks like it's from the Landing Signal Officer Reference Manual, circa 1999?

I have only watched about 2/3 of the video yet, but it seems to me that you haven't accoued for that the wires are suspended a few inches above the deck? Or am I missing something? Very interesting video though, good work!

True. Negligible - but true. Any of the findings taken at the extremes (short or long) assume the hook engages anyway which may not always be true. (Pitching deck, hook bounce, etc.) Take them with a just a pinch of salt.