Visually invisible units that are still detectable by AI?

Casimir06

This may sound completely counter-intuitive, but is something like the title of this post even possible?

I'm aware that one can create a unit and mark it INVISIBLE in the unit properties so that it is not detected by AI. But this renders the object still actually visible.

What I'd like to know, or figure out, is how to do the opposite - place a unit that can not be actually seen at all, but that the AI can still detect.

Is this possible? Either with or without scripting?

No, you need a mod. But it's completely simple. You just delete the model of the unit and hey presto, done.

There is no "invisible" unit. Go look through the encyclopedia, they all have models, of course.

And no jokes about the invisible man, ok? He does exist, prove me wrong!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

No, you need a mod. But it's completely simple. You just delete the model of the unit and hey presto, done.

There is no "invisible" unit. Go look through the encyclopedia, they all have models, of course.

Okay, I was wondering if it were possible to somehow make the model actually not visible, but assumed that a mod would be required. If there was an "invisible" unit in the encyclopedia though it would have rendered my question moot.

Question: How would one go about deleting the model of a given unit if I wanted to create a mod?