Anime Thread

pauldy

Eh, yeah, I disagree with you here pauldy, it is refreshing to talk about anime a bit here. Not sure why you think we should stop.

Also why do you delete all your posts? If anybody is offended the moderators will delete them. Yours were perfectly fine.

I want to clarify that indeed I have no problems with anybody wanting to watch anime with those characters in them, I just _personally_ dislike them for the reasons stated above, and yes, there are anime which do not feature such characters. It is not anime-fans vs. others but an ongoing discussion between anime-fans and even the people who make anime disagree with each other regarding that topic.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention: People forget that this is not a phenomenon of anime/manga only, it is the same in western comic culture for most parts.

@RoflSeal

Of course it is the same with males. It is just that the girls seem to be more numerous.

But come on guys, back to the things we all love about anime, which happen to be pretty weird as well (but that's ok :D ).

I enjoy the visual style of Studio Ghibli, the details are always stunning, both in animation and in the objects. To me it seems many modern anime discard that in favour of quantity or action, which is a pity.

Edited by Aginor

I should've realized most people find anime (or at least the modern titles) weird or could be plain disgusting..

Wha...? Some people don't like anime...so what? They have an opinion, you have yours.
Actually, they better not come with their opinion. Watching Anime is way less discutable than a playing software whose primary goal is to reproduce WAR. ;)

Let's just report any troll here and keep talking anime. Just watched the Gate Jieitai thing, it's a nice one. Watched it all night long till 5 AM. Thanks for showing it here.

Ok, another question to the more experienced anime fans:

Any opinions about Rurouni Kenshin (the anime of course)?

4 short movie-episodes are wonderful and are a must watch. Full movie was "meh". Series was good up to certain point and then it nose dove.

That was my gateway into anime...14 years ago.

So, I watched Robotech when I was a kid and a while ago I found there are other "series" of macross.

Is there a english version of Macross Zero?

I've looked but can't find anything and most of the anime forums are a little on the hostile side. I thought I might have better success with fellow simmers.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• 2 months later...

Terror in Resonance.

A15974-3129366415.1396450965.jpg

One summer day, a terrorist attack strikes Tokyo. The perpetrators are two boys who call themselves "Sphinx." The attack was just the beginning of the grandiose game they are playing that will envelop all of Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15974

Just watched that one, it hooked me so badly that I litterraly flew thru the whole 11 episodes today. Its a good cop/spy thriller, despite a few "cliché" situation. It is currently available on Netflix.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished Mirai Nikki. A very strong one. Story is very good, drawing too (except a few cgi stuff here and there).

a young and solitary student write down everything he witness on his cellphone. One day, his diary starts to predict future. But some others have received the same gift from god.... which ordered them to kill themselves in a battle royale, until the last survivor....

• 1 year later...

I'm wishing for anime adaptions of these.. understood... this isn't everyone's cup of tea.. the moe anime thing... but yeah... ^

Modern Jets + Girls is something i'd really love...~

Girly Air Force Light Novel series..

Here's some kits Tomytec released last year that i bought & built...

The Rafale is my custom work though... not an official kit...

f15janm3.thumb.jpg.0aef7ef4faeb744900f3202c9daef5b1.jpg

1468230520_RF4ejampRafale.thumb.jpg.3802a112ac4b86277aa0c03a0fe15d63.jpg

Edited by pauldy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

A dark fantasy comic book series like Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) where... samurai mutant clans fight each other. There, I said it! :D I'm looking for it and can't seem to find it! It's simply stunning. Equally stunning is the fact that I can't find it anymore! It's not like it was some shoddy fan-work. The art and some parts of the lore were comparable to masterpieces at the level of THORGAL. I think it's all black and white... Lot's of gore and interpersonal conflict. Fierce fighting scenes.

In the first episode I saw, right on the very first pages, there was a duel between man-spider hybrid and some cutting-line-wielding bloke.

A dark fantasy comic book series like Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) where... samurai mutant clans fight each other.

In the first episode I saw, right on the very first pages, there was a duel between man-spider hybrid and some cutting-line-wielding bloke.

basilisk