Pure Client Required ????

DieHard

The repair will remove your mods, though if you use a Mod Manager, like JSGME/OVGME, it will get screwed up since it will still think your mods are installed.

As for ED fixing it, that will depend on whether they decide that mods not working is a problem in the first place.

So could I deselect my mods from jsgme and then reselect them after I run the repair?

So could I deselect my mods from jsgme and then reselect them after I run the repair?

That is exactly what you are supposed to do.

EDIT: I haven't run a repair on a JSGME installation in a while so it is possible that you may have to put JSGME and your mod folder back into place if the repair moves them to the backup folder. This is one of the ways that OVGME is superior.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is exactly what you are supposed to do.

EDIT: I haven't run a repair on a JSGME installation in a while so it is possible that you may have to put JSGME and your mod folder back into place if the repair moves them to the backup folder. This is one of the ways that OVGME is superior.

But what does running a repair actually do? It won't fix the issue with me not being able to pass the ic with certain mods i use will it?

But what does running a repair actually do? It won't fix the issue with me not being able to pass the ic with certain mods i use will it?

A repair restores your installation to a vanilla, unbroken (unmodified) state. If the IC is blocking your mods then it will continue to do so until ED alters the IC to permit server owners more control of what it blocks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A repair restores your installation to a vanilla, unbroken (unmodified) state. If the IC is blocking your mods then it will continue to do so until ED alters the IC to permit server owners more control of what it blocks.

I see, thx for the explanation, guess I'll have to wait then

Repair only restores files that have been modified or deleted. It does not remove any added files. For that you have to do cleanup.