* DCS: F-14 Development Update! Scan, Lock, Fire! *

Cobra847

I say end januar 2018 :) with 2.5

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seems unlikely, last i read of this thing, there was a whole heap of stuff left to be coded. besides they wont want to coincide their release with the hornet release.

Agree that there is still plenty to be coded and a workload for long months. And yes they don’t want it to coincide with the Hornet launch, but that either won’t be done before long months. Which one will come first will remain a mystery.

What I want to know is what cataclysmic event occurred and/or which team member suffered serious bodily harm/illness to prevent this from being released this year...

2017. No exceptions. Unless some cataclysmic event occurs, or serious bodily harm/illness to integral F-14 team members.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

What I want to know is what cataclysmic event occurred and/or which team member suffered serious bodily harm/illness to prevent this from being released this year...

I guess he was too excited about the release that day that he couldn’t control himself and write that. I don’t think anything happened to any in the team but fact is we won’t get it in 2017. We will surely get a great quality module. The missed deadline will be forgiven. At least for me.

seems unlikely, last i read of this thing, there was a whole heap of stuff left to be coded. besides they wont want to coincide their release with the hornet release.

Nope, not a heap of coding left to do. Things are pretty mature and very functional. Fine-tuning and bug squashing remains, but major systems are in place. The F-14 won't be a module released with basic systems. :thumbup:

-Nick

Nope, not a heap of coding left to do. Things are pretty mature and very functional. Fine-tuning and bug squashing remains, but major systems are in place. The F-14 won't be a module released with basic systems. :thumbup:

-Nick

Yeah some guys here didn't read the updates :lol:

The main reason for not releasing the F14 in 2017 is the fact that the harrier had to come before and had some delay. I was very confident about the Q4 pre-access.

When you see that the harrier's radios don't work and that the F-14 has an AI which bases are coded and with already a lot of functionalities working I wonder why they released the harrier first.

I'm not gonna make any assumption now but I'm sure they don't want to release 2 modules with a 2 months interval so a end of Q1 2018 pre access would be a pretty good estimate.

Cobra said that they should know more after the release of the harrier so the next dev update has to be a road to release ;)

Hopefully we get an update from Cobra soon then. Disappointed that we won't get the F-14 before the end of the year but I guess we will have to wait : (

If the F-14 had more systems done it should have launched before the Harrier you would have thought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i think he didin't know the biggest fact of the dcs universe : "everything is subject to change"

:)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Me too, I'm also hoping to get the venerable TOMCAT as soon as possible, but either way I'll always be the best jet fighter pilot in the world, so...

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 3 months later...

So not a public open early access alpha in early summer? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I'd say the closest we're getting is late fall, Q3 or Q4 this year but once again we cannot assume because it may just play out like 2017, which I well hope does not happen.

You mean like 2015, 2016 and 2017? Every year was announced to be the release year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And everything is, still, subject to change.

We hope is a lot different from we will. But, don't let me put the kibosh on a good hand-wringing session.

If people are so eager to spend money, I'll set up a paypal and you can give it to me.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2336042&postcount=1

>Currently we hope to complete development and enter BETA testing on the first version of the F-14 by the end of 2015.

wow! time is passing so fast. it has been more thab 3 years since its developing process started.

btw, this project is now competing with f-18 in terms of development time frame :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Not by Heatblur, only 2017 and that was because everything was subject to change. Please show me when they announced it for 2015 and 2016. :D

opps quoted their post hoping for a 2015 completion. Dig deeper and you will find the 2016.

this is not to blame HB, but just to say that any date should not be taken very seriously. Even a 2018 release.

wow! time is passing so fast. it has been more thab 3 years since its developing process started.

btw, this project is now competing with f-18 in terms of development time frame :D

Maybe only for the initial buy. Let's face it, who is stoked for the Hornet and not the Tomcat or vice versa?

I used to tell my students to try not smiling so much after their first solo; I don't want the cops thinking I'm dealing in anything illicit. ED has something more powerful than narcotics: Our childhood daydreams. :joystick:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 2 months later...

question: the hornet will eventually get Link 16 DL. now i know the F14A+/B didnt get that (they had Link 4 IIRC). anyone know if Link 16 was backwards compatible? would be cool to see the tomcats passing data to hornets and working together.