R-27ER launch authorization

Winston 60

When firing R-27ER's, why is it that I can get a launch authorization much sooner when using TWS mode than I can using STT mode? In other words, why can I fire these missiles at a greater range using TWS instead of STT?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Do you mean why you get LA sooner when the radar automatically transitions from TWS to STT than when you are manually switching from a search mode to STT?

If so the explanation is simple - when the radar is operating in TWS it is collecting track data for the target, so at the point when it transitions to STT, it only needs a short time to prepare for missile launch.

In a search mode the radar is not tracking the target - this only occurs when you switch to STT and therefore the radar needs more time build a firing solution.

When firing R-27ER's, why is it that I can get a launch authorization much sooner when using TWS mode than I can using STT mode? In other words, why can I fire these missiles at a greater range using TWS instead of STT?

You shouldn't be able to. Launch authorization is predicated on the dynamic parameters (altitudes, airspeeds, aspects, etc) of the situation. Same dynamics should give you identical launch authorization ranges.

I do know that, whereas in the past TWS soft lock had transitioned to a hard lock (РНП) once roughly 15% inside R-Max, it now makes that transition to РНП just above the R-Max range. Is this perhaps what you're seeing? I haven't noticed an earlier launch authorization myself.

EDIT: Just ran a quick mission to check. In both cases, ОВЗ to РНП or СНП to РНП, launch authorization didn't occur until the range reached R-Max. As I mentioned above, there's been a change in when СНП transitions to РНП. It now occurs outside of R-Max. Have no idea whether or not that is the correct modeling or a bug.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...
You shouldn't be able to. Launch authorization is predicated on the dynamic parameters (altitudes, airspeeds, aspects, etc) of the situation. Same dynamics should give you identical launch authorization ranges.

I do know that, whereas in the past TWS soft lock had transitioned to a hard lock (РНП) once roughly 15% inside R-Max, it now makes that transition to РНП just above the R-Max range. Is this perhaps what you're seeing? I haven't noticed an earlier launch authorization myself.

EDIT: Just ran a quick mission to check. In both cases, ОВЗ to РНП or СНП to РНП, launch authorization didn't occur until the range reached R-Max. As I mentioned above, there's been a change in when СНП transitions to РНП. It now occurs outside of R-Max. Have no idea whether or not that is the correct modeling or a bug.

ОБЗ is BVR, but СНП is STT and РНП is RWS?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

ОБЗ is BVR, but СНП is STT and РНП is RWS?

It helps to not think of them in strictly Western terms. ОБЗ=Survey mode of BVR (RWS, sort of), СНП=Passage Tracking mode of BVR; Survey with value added (TWS, sort of), and РНП=STT (described differently but pretty much the same).

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It helps to not think of them in strictly Western terms. ОБЗ=Survey mode of BVR (RWS, sort of), СНП=Passage Tracking mode of BVR; Survey with value added (TWS, sort of), and РНП=STT (described differently but pretty much the same).

Ah I thought different about the two modes but thanks for clearing that up. What is your reference to read more if I may?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Ah I thought different about the two modes but thanks for clearing that up. What is your reference to read more if I may?

I've been painstakingly working my way through the Russian Su-27 Manual. Other than that there's no single source I can point you toward. Just a lot of googling the Russian terms and then translating slowly. I'm working on a tutorial taking the Russian perspective that I hope I can complete before too much longer. It's half finished at the moment.

_____

There is a mod with an English cockpit and HUD for most Russian planes.

Hardware: Asus Strix B350 mobo, Ryzen 5 1600X OC'd @ 3.8GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, Asus Strix RX Vega 64

Peripherals: TM HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, 24" Iiyama Red Eagle 144Hz

looking forward to it. Thanks

There is a mod with an English cockpit and HUD for most Russian planes.

There is, but I'd advise against using it in the Su-27. Unless the mod has been updated recently it causes the mach meter to misread.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.