My DDR4 experience 32gb vs 16gb

Hi Guys,

I used to always search forums for pc component advise so I thought I would share my recent upgrade and share my experience of drr4 32gb vs 16gb.

My other specs are an AMD 3700x, MSI X570 and Radeon Blower 5700x. All run DCS at 4k 60fps no problem. That's on a mix of high/medium settings with no AA and 8x AF. Mostly in DCE single player campaigns on the Persian Gulf map and Caucuses.

I upgraded from a 16gb 3600mhz C18 kit to a 32gb 3200mhz C16 kit. I know the speed was a step down but it was a bargain on eBay. Using MSi Afterburner with overlay to show usage in DCS I was getting at tops about 15440mb of DDR4 usage. However I was getting not a stutter but the odd intermittent pause for a millisecond when on a carrier deck, landing or performing a split s. Since the upgrade that pause has gone and MSi afterburner reports up to 22000mb of ddr4 used on the DCE Tomcat over Persia missions I tested today.

So from that if anyone is on the fence about 16gb vs 32gb this is what I found with my setup.

Cheers.