Horrible FPS drop in latest 2.5.6 beta

Maksim Savelev

Hello!

I'm just wondering does anyone else experience significant fps drop in VR in latest beta or its just something went very wrong in my system?

Everything was absolutely fine before the latest update, I mean it was stable 45fps with settings higher than medium, performances were nice and smooth. But right now it drops below 40 even in lowest possible settings, and its totally unplayable in VR.

System is: 2080Ti ,9700k(4.9MHz), HPreverb.

Appreciate any ideas, thank you!

A long shot, but I had particularly dire FPS recently and found the cause to be my RAM XMP profile wasn't set properly.

Generally though, after four years of fettling I'm starting to wonder whether DCS in VR will ever reach fruition. Unfortunately as I'm sure you appreciate, there's no going back to a monitor.

As far as I can tell, The hardware just can't keep up with the demands and the demands are demanded. No end in sight to this paradigm...

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Hello!

I'm just wondering does anyone else experience significant fps drop in VR in latest beta or its just something went very wrong in my system?

Everything was absolutely fine before the latest update, I mean it was stable 45fps with settings higher than medium, performances were nice and smooth. But right now it drops below 40 even in lowest possible settings, and its totally unplayable in VR.

System is: 2080Ti ,9700k(4.9MHz), HPreverb.

Appreciate any ideas, thank you!

Delete fxo and metashaders2 would be my go to move, also clear out any mods and run a repair

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Chances are that you would just have to delete the contents of the fxo and metashaders in your saved games. Try that before you go through the trouble of a full reinstall next time. You'd sure rather be flying than configuring controls and such.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

If you still have frame drop try this.

1. Disable Windows Game Bar.

2. Disable Windows Game Mode.

3. Disable DCS Hot Plug Devices (google it).

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I suggest setting your memory to 15-15-18, then stripping off while lathering yourself in goose fat then do a line dance under a full moon. This tweak will probably work just as well as most found on these forums.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals