Simulated System Failure or Software fault

Johnr666

After takeoff in the C101EB and commencing a circuit of the airport in preparation for a landing I had multiple system failures.

Systems that failed were fuel flow indicator, pitch indicator, main and backup ADI, all radios, flap indicator failed but the flaps worked, the air brake indicator and air brake failed.

Although the fuel flow indicator failed all fuel pumps worked and other essential systems such as landing gear and wheel brakes so landing was possible.

The circuit breakers were OK.

The battery metre was reading 20 volts.

There was a major failure with electrical systems and a part failure of the hydraulic system.

My thoughts are that this was a software failure and not a simulated in flight system failure.

What are your thoughts.

Cheers

I was using the Cold Start option and using the Georgian map as I have done many times.

If it was an unexpected simulated systems failure it was a very good test for someone familiar with the C101EB.

Last week I was doing the same Cold Start option using the Georgian map and all the runway painted markers/lines were missing which has never happened before. The next day the painted lines reappeared.

My thoughts are it is a random software problem.

Cheers

We have never seen that issue. It could be due to a bird strike, but usually you would get warnings in the cockpit. The issue with missing marks in the runway is also something we have never seen either. Try to save a working trk next time that happens.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png