RTB Radio message

Swany

Need a little help figuring this out - I have a C130 and 135 flying around for refueling. Of course, when they run out of gas, they RTB and head home. More than once they've caught us in the middle of refueling ourselves, always takes us by surprise because of the sudden change in course and dramatic altitude change.

What'd I'd like to do is simply have them yell out "RTB'ing to base" or whatever generic message DCS has built in. I'm not quite sure how to trigger this? I've poked through the ME and see a few things, but don't understand how to trigger it. I also use MOOSE, but seeing as how I'm still brand new to it, not sure how to get messages to trigger using it?

Any input is appreciated!

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

Here's a quick and dirty script I just made drinking my coffee at work. You will need to load MIST before executing this script.

Mind you, this will not tell you exactly when Texaco will actually RTB but it will warn you that it is low on fuel. Change 0.25 for a lower value if you want.

function callLowFuel()
   remainFuel = Unit.getByName('Texaco'):getFuel()
   if remainFuel < 0.25 then
       trigger.action.outText('Texaco low on fuel', 10, true)
   end
end
do
mist.scheduleFunction(callLowFuel,{},timer.getTime() + 60, 120)
end

You can refine it further by unloading the function from memory if you need that. Remember to change the unit name or the fuel qty as desired. Fuel qty is a number between 0 and 1 unless that particular unit does not carry external fuel tanks in which case the qty is bigger than 1

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]