DCS Crashes whenever an explosion happens.

Hi all :joystick:

Having problems with DCS now. As of recently whenever there is an explosion , whether it be a missile striking an aircraft , a Mav hitting a tank or even a tank killing another tank!

The game just instantly freezes and then stops working , and im only able to crash it to desktop. Ive done the repair function and done a complete re-install to no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Matthew.

Have you tried renaming your saved games installation? That is unaffected by reinstalls and repairs, so it is the most likely culprit now.

If it fixes it, you can simply move files back to the new installation until it falls over again, and you'll have saved most of your settings and found the root cause.

I hope you resolve it soon.

Have you tried renaming your saved games installation? That is unaffected by reinstalls and repairs, so it is the most likely culprit now.

If it fixes it, you can simply move files back to the new installation until it falls over again, and you'll have saved most of your settings and found the root cause.

I hope you resolve it soon.

Hi Neil

Do you mean the Saved Games folder in my user folder? And if so which files am i renaming? Real rookie when it comes to this. Cheers :book:

Hi Neil

Do you mean the Saved Games folder in my user folder? And if so which files am i renaming? Real rookie when it comes to this. Cheers :book:

Yes, that folder, C:\Users\Matthew\Saved Games\DCS

The ones you may want back, as they are pure handwork to redo, are your controller profiles for each aircraft. They are located in C:\Users\Matthew\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

Redo your game settings, video settings etc.. done.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X