Mission 8 : can't find the last target

PB0_corse66

Hi everyone,

I have an issue in mission 8, the one where you have to protect the dam.

Everything looks promising until the end where your units are trying to stop the dam from blowing off and I've stopped a mechanized counter offensive.

However I can't find the last target at all, I have a radio message saying some artillery fire is coming from somewhere, but the coordinates given are not close to anything, my wingmen can't see anything either and they have "through the woods eyes" ..

Any idea?

Nothing in the mission trigger after that, and I've killed 71/79 of the targets.. can't find that damn artillery..

Regards,

Corse

I did try again, and it really looks the arty don't "spawn", besides the coordinates are along a river but in the middle of a big wood, not sure it's the right place considering some videos of the mission I've seen.

Possibility number 2 : is the waypoint system of the A10 bugged in some way since being on V2.5? it looks it's working in other campaigns.

Hi,

Can anyone test the mission 8 and tell me if they have the same issue at the end of the mission with the arty not popping up at the coordinates? (and not popping up at all I'm afraid..)

Version : 2.5 Stable.

Many many thanks in advance :)

Finally the 24 hour activation period is over so I can post...

I experienced the same thing, couldn't see them with eyes, TGP and my wingmen wouldn't or couldn't engage either.

But then I loaded up my Tacview replay and according to that, there are 4 arty right on that spot.

adf7a2317fb6ed8dba85efc4da625201.jpg

At one point I fired the GAU8 at the SPI on the coordinates given out of sheer frustration at not being able to find them, and it turns out I even hit them!

6d1ccf3323e949f6849a763769105504.png

But despite that, I never actually saw them on thermals or otherwise and the AI couldn't engage either. I wonder if they spawn under the ground or something?

(Also neither of the 2 units I hit with the GAU actually died, dunno if that tells us anything)

Weird, because actually I open the mission in the mission editor and remove the fog of war by displaying all units in F7 key.

Turns out this group does not even pop up at all.

Do you think dropping a GBU12 on the exact coordinates can help on this one?

In any cases really appreciate your answer :) thanks a lot

Edit : given the look of your replay, it is indeed the exact coordinates given by the voice / text message for the arty :(

Edited by PB0_corse66

I think I'm going to replay it tonight, and drop everything I have left on that spot. I had a GBU left and a lot of GAU8, had I have known I scored hits I would have tried them at the time.

I can't explain how they appear on Tacview but not on the F10 map as you tried, but I don't know how those things work.

Turns out they are there after all

KvHDeRf.jpg

There's one angle you can actually see them below the canopy, really hard to do.

I only managed to kill 2 before being out of all ammo, you'll need to save enough for it. Do NOT rely on your wingmen, literally 2 out of my 3 crashed into the side of the mountain trying to get a run in on them and the other never managed to get a shot off anyway.

Did you manage to complete it? I'm really struggling, you can barely use any ordnance as it all blows up on the tree canopy.

I was looking at Tacview and some of the arty are tanking some serious damage, including a Mav and literally hundreds of 30mm

edb0d856a4b952149862211f6d9df105.png

Upon closer inspection, there are 2 sets of arty, one spawns in and then it all dies and there's a new set there...

399c5f3828e79781bdfe474675ad749f.png

e02054c62de192e0d0c1e9924eb4539c.png

I'm still not convinced there's something wrong on this mission...

Hi,

Well before 2.5.2 version this group was not popping up, coordinates were right but they were not even showing under the trees.

So I did manage to keep for the end of the game 1 GBU 12 and 2 CBU.

I start dropping the CBU and there was 2 arty left, I put the GBU 12 right between the last 2 since they are pretty close.

My suggestion is : to take out 2 CBU (drop one on victor and one on delta) and add 2 GBU 12, they are pretty accurate and you can pinpoint them easily :) So it can give you more accurate weapons for the end game :)

Hope it helps my friend, keep me informed :)

• 4 weeks later...

Missions fixed and sent to DCS / ED

Patch Notes:

Mission 08: Removed some trees blocking target view

Mission 14: Removed trees, adjusted AI helicopter landing logic, adjusted enemy vehicle waypoint logic

Mission 15: Removed trees along main road, fixed friendly helicopter landing / timing, and bomb in zone for bridge trigger (GBU-12) added

Tested the mission multiple times, good to go!