New cockpit new bugs?

v2tec

Well, I didn't fly the KA-50 for a while, but with the new cockpit I thought I will give it a try.

BTW: I am using a vr headset (oculus)

What I recognized so far:

- When I turn off mssa in the graphics settings, I won't see any terrain/objects in the Shkval. I have to use at least 2x - but I get better fps without mssa

- I can not the change the brightness of the NVG

- it's hard to change (activate) the three switches for the ejection seat (cover toggles) by clicking on it

- the button on joystick to toggle cockpit lights, works only for two instruments (is this real?)

- the green HUD color is hard to see (at least on vr)

not new, but would be great:

- spent more controls for the cockpit switches, e.g. control for lowering gear and raising gear, turn on light, turn off light...

Edited by v2tec

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

• 1 month later...

Lighting issues thread closed, but here is yet another one.

Shkval is completely unusable at night, with NVG enabled. No way to correct it's brightness/contrast.

Disabling NVG gives just sad glimpse of tree tops. With shkval enabled its white spot (if all other cocpit light and abris trimmed down).

You can turn down the Shkval brightness and adjust contrast as well. It still sucks at night, but that's a "feature" of the as-modelled Ka-50. Controls are just below the screen (I think)

Please don't ask about proper night fighting capability unless you want to open a can of worms.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

- I can not the change the brightness of the NVG

Sure you can. Either [RCtrl][RShift][RAlt] and ] or [ to turn it up or down. Or map that to a control.

- the green HUD color is hard to see (at least on vr)

Set it to NVG mode using the panel below the HUD (three way switch) and adjust brightness using the knob to the left.

HTH

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

• 2 months later...

the Abris map colors are totally washed out, and I didn't see all the issues gathering up recently with the beloved Ka-50. yes they are working on the BS3, but I had no idea so many problems with the BS2 have gathered... I just replaced my GTX 1060 video card with a 2080-ti and was shocked to see the problems with the ka-50 graphics in the cockpit instruments. I hope when they finally release the new one soon, and al is back the way it is suppose to be... I cannot even see stuff on the Abris, the green is virtually missing... and yes, the shkval wanders all over. Maybe we were al to busy to see other modules gathering problems... And maybe the patches will slow down while they work on all these issues. I see they said they will concentrate on fixing bugs instead of putting out our Open Betas so often. Fine, whatever it takes, they can take a few months, it will be worth it. IMHO

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

After jumping back in the shark after some time and finding how much I love flying it, the SHKVAL seems useless and therefore the shark itself!

Despite playing with contrast and brightness and also using a fix for the baked in reflections its no go for me.

Please attend to this ED. It was fine in the original

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] This must be reality, no sim can have this many bugs!

13700kf, 4090, 64gb.  HP g2.