BAD with Mission editor

Tumbleweed1606688689

Indeed use of the ruler in the map can be a pain sometimes for such things.

But even with precise IP coordinate (and no INS drift) and accurate offset data, IP Bombing is at best as precise as a standard CCRP run can be in the Mirage.

No to mention that, as Automatic Release doesn't work on this mode currently, you have to do a manual pickle at the right time.

Also, it's best used with GBU (if possible) to get the most accuracy out of it.

While you're in the mission editor, just take the Coordinate of your target :D.

Use of radial/distance is more likely to be used with a JTAC on the field giving you a heading/distance from it's position i guess.

Except for that and cases where a standard CCRP designation can't be done (meteo/threats...) i guess BAD is mostly use for Navigation purpose like for Holding Pattern, Rejoin...

Except for that and cases where a standard CCRP designation can't be done (meteo/threats...)

This is exactly the purpose. :smilewink:

It can't be as accurate as direct CCRP.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Indeed use of the ruler in the map can be a pain sometimes for such things.

But even with precise IP coordinate (and no INS drift) and accurate offset data, IP Bombing is at best as precise as a standard CCRP run can be in the Mirage.

No to mention that, as Automatic Release doesn't work on this mode currently, you have to do a manual pickle at the right time.

Also, it's best used with GBU (if possible) to get the most accuracy out of it.

While you're in the mission editor, just take the Coordinate of your target :D.

Use of radial/distance is more likely to be used with a JTAC on the field giving you a heading/distance from it's position i guess.

Except for that and cases where a standard CCRP designation can't be done (meteo/threats...) i guess BAD is mostly use for Navigation purpose like for Holding Pattern, Rejoin...

Did I mention CCRP? INS bombing is used mosty in CCIP and it's principal delivery mode. If you don't use it that's called Target of oportunity.

As you know the navigation system is not precise enought to guide you precisely on target, you need to preform a run attack.

The principle: find something easily "spotable" called IP and from then perform a short (2min) navigation to the target. IRL it's done with 1/50000 or 1/100000 maps and set in the system via the MIP (Datacartrige).

With the mirage NAV system you select a waypoint as an IP and Target is on BAD. As the BAD is tied to the waypoint the drift deosn't metter, as long as you designate the IP properly.

Currently the CCIP INS bombing is even more bugged than CCRP. You can not designate the IP at all.:cry:

I don't ask for any advises how to use the INS neither for some fantasy systems. But just a simple tool to properly use this important function explained by RAZBAM themselves here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2841863&postcount=1

Edited by "Tumbleweed"

I am confused by this thread. Every time INS bombing comes up I see two things come up.

1. Offset bombing is primarily for JTAC: This isn't true. This method is usually used for strike on pre planned targets, not CAS or front line interdiction. Before the age of SAR and targeting pods, most aircraft had nothing but visual methods of bombing. INS bombing gives you the opportunity to select an object on a known radial and distance and aquire it with precision to have a good location on a target that a.) May be much harder to see or b.) Is in a higher threat environment. The object may even be something that poor weather doesn't obscure or is easy to make out at night vs your target. On something like an F16 it may be something that shows up prominently on radar whereas the target doesn't. It was the most common method practiced for high threat bombing. It eliminates the workload and exposure of acquisition on run in

2. It's not that accurate. Citation needed. If you're using ip bombing your protocol is not to re attack. You should be dropping the whole stick of bombs. Also, just because it's less accurate, why shouldn't we ask for the tools to make this as accurate as it can be? Surely in real life you wouldn't pre plan a strike and unncessarily handicap yourself with imprecise measurements. The goal isn't to find the target, it's pre planned. You know where it is. The idea is to resolve precisely on a target using a much easier to resolve object. No one is asking for death rays, just give us the tools to use the feature adequately.

A few things: development of M-2000C has been on slow pace for a while.

Now it’s resumed with Elwood working only on M-2000C.

So IP bombing is fun, but currently Elwood is working on radar, and we can’t blame Razbam for that, RDI is the main sensor.

I hope INS will be completed, but let’s face it, it will take more time.

DCS World mission editor doesn’t give us the tool to take accurate enough input.

The ruler is accurate to 1 degree, and it isn’t enough.

I tried external software, but DCS mal coordinates aren’t true to life (and flat). So it doesn’t work either.

INS bombing use IRL: I have 2 cases in mind.

- Sea Harrier in Falklands/ Malvinas/ Malouines: toss bombing to stay at stand off range and harass Argentinian troops. Maybe not IP attack, but surely relied on INS.

- Super Etendard in Lebanon: after low level ingress they were supposed to pop up for direct CRRP attack. But low clouds would have prevented target’s designation. So they turned back, and performed IP attack on pre planned back up Initial Point. Overall, Super Etendard attack modes are the same.

In both cases, targets were area targets, without high risk of collateral damages, no pinpoint accuracy was required.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

A few things: development of M-2000C has been on slow pace for a while.

Now it’s resumed with Elwood working only on M-2000C.

So IP bombing is fun, but currently Elwood is working on radar, and we can’t blame Razbam for that, RDI is the main sensor.

I hope INS will be completed, but let’s face it, it will take more time.

DCS World mission editor doesn’t give us the tool to take accurate enough input.

The ruler is accurate to 1 degree, and it isn’t enough.

I tried external software, but DCS mal coordinates aren’t true to life (and flat). So it doesn’t work either.

INS bombing use IRL: I have 2 cases in mind.

- Sea Harrier in Falklands/ Malvinas/ Malouines: toss bombing to stay at stand off range and harass Argentinian troops. Maybe not IP attack, but surely relied on INS.

- Super Etendard in Lebanon: after low level ingress they were supposed to pop up for direct CRRP attack. But low clouds would have prevented target’s designation. So they turned back, and performed IP attack on pre planned back up Initial Point. Overall, Super Etendard attack modes are the same.

In both cases, targets were area targets, without high risk of collateral damages, no pinpoint accuracy was required.

Agree 100% with all of this