[REPORTED] ADF Manual Frequency keybindings

Rudel_chw

• 1 month later...
Just checking guys, has this issue been rectified for you all in 2.5.6.55743?

I will check on it as soon as my DCS updates, and then report back here ... thanks a lot for checking on this :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...

I will check on it as soon as my DCS updates, and then report back here ... thanks a lot for checking on this :thumbup:

Hi rudel have you discovered if this is still an issue? If it isnt great, if not please upload a new .trk for us to investigate. Thankyou

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hi rudel have you discovered if this is still an issue?

Hello,

Yes, I've just checked again under the latest Openbeta and the bug is still present.

If it isnt great, if not please upload a new .trk for us to investigate. Thankyou

Thanks for the concern, here is a Track File of the Free Flight quick mission, where I place the aircraft in active pause and try to tune the nav radio. Tuning using the mouse wheel works perfectly.

But using the key commands, only the ADF Manual Frequency DOWN binding works as intended, having a smooth and gradual action ... but instead of decreasing the frequency, it INCREASES it.

The ADF Manual Frequency UP, does not work at all.

Hopefully this can be fixed. Best regards,

Eduardo

Mig-19 - Nav Radio keybindings.trk

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, Rudel_chw said:

At long last, today's patch brings a fix for this long standing bug:

Downloading the patch at the moment, will report later today.

Edit:

Well, this was a let down ... after waiting for so long 😞

On the positive, the tuning crank can be increased/decreased using the mouse or the mousewheel. It has a fine adjustment, but that makes it really tiring to adjust using the mouse if the frequency change is large as it requires a lot of mouse dragging or mousewheel turning.

On the negative, I tried to bind the crank keybinds, as follows:

6oR40N0.jpg

On both cases: keyboard and Hotas, only the ADF Manual Frequency DOWN binding works as intended, having a smooth and gradual action ... but instead of decreasing the frequency, it INCREASES it.

The ADF Manual Frequency UP, does not work at all, neither with the keyboard nor the HOTAS.

RAZBAM, I expected a proper fix ... and you deliver this 😞 .. I don't want to say things I might regret, I will just park the MiG-19 on the hangar once more ... pity. 😞

Yeah, this is exactly the issue. It's really cumbersome to use with the mouse and binding keys to it does not work as intended. To add rudel_chw's comments, Manual frequency UP moves the frequency up, but just a little and then it gets stuck. If you use Manual Frequency DOWN after that (which moves it up, as it's reversed for some reason), then  Manual frequency UP works again but just a tiny bit before it gets stuck.

So to sum up:

ADF Manual Frequency DOWN - keyboard/HOTAS binding - frequency goes UP

ADF Manual Frequency UP - keyboard/HOTAS binding - frequency goes UP just a tiny bit and then gets stuck

Really hoping for a fix for this - it's really putting me off even completing the tutorials...

• Like 1

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Just wanted to report that this bug has finally been solved on DCS 2.7 ... the tuning dial can now be turned using the keyboard. 👍 

Pity that the tuning crank animation does not work when using keyboard, the crank only animates when tuning with the Mouse, but that's a small detail and I won't complain about it 😀

Thanks Razbam, you can mark this thread as [SOLVED]

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1