The new su-35 at LAAD [look the size of those MFD]

I was wondering why the Russians never shifted to HUD system with flight path marker. There is also a Su-34 video available with some HUD images and they look exactly like this. HUD with FPM and real-word-scale pitch ladders seems clearly easier to use in a lot of flight conditions. Everybody is using it – US, UK, France, etc, Russia – no.

Any opinions?

• ED Team
look at the bright side, in the future flight sim, those 3d pits would be easier to build, just 2 big MFDs haha. Probably save some fps too.

Just imagine enginers' fantasy if they have the WHOLE TWO MFDs. They do not stop adding new features there... Tens of different pages, hundreds of symbols, etc... :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

I was wondering why the Russians never shifted to HUD system with flight path marker. There is also a Su-34 video available with some HUD images and they look exactly like this. HUD with FPM and real-word-scale pitch ladders seems clearly easier to use in a lot of flight conditions. Everybody is using it – US, UK, France, etc, Russia – no.

Any opinions?

The hud is an old Russian tradition

(watched The Barber of Siberia last night :D)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

The Article points out some realy interesting features:

Fly by light, optical fiber controls, NATO Link 16, 8 target VIA TWS, no canards and no extended reinforced fuselage to support them thus reducing weight and maintenance.

I'd like to comment that despite this I wouldnt go for the Su-35, staying the hell away from it. Its a huge deviation to brazils expertise on french technology (or western technology alltogether for that matter) and the planes figures rarely meet up the optimistic numbers the russians claim. 4000h engine life and 6000 hours (or 30 years) of airframe life is still kinda too fantastic leap for a russian plane but still short of Portuguese F-16's for example wich are ready to go up to 8000 hours. The indians have been having a hard time maintaining their MKI's (including airfram life redution due to thrust vectoring) and for a country that hates maintenance complications like Brazil does, that should have ringed an alarm bell by now.

The article mentions options for weaponry that still does not exist, nor they will for a number of years yet to come, such as the so called BVR Ramjet missile and the R-37 from the Mig-31.

If I were for brazil I would get Either Rafales or Eurofighters. They are avaiable with reliable tangible weapons out of the box.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

think its more politiks when a nation is purchasing their deffece. I dont have any prove for my opinion But I would easy say that Su-35 is easyer to mantain then EF-2000 or Rafael, U could be right that its harder to mantain the new Thrust vectoring, and thats It the rest is not so mutch different in design perspektive.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

i dont even know how to read the mig and Su huds in lockon....

all i know is that their hud is like cheating cuz it draws a circle around a bandit WVR or something like that

??? No you don't do you ?

You get the circle round any locked target - BVR & WVR - but only if the target's locked, not magically on their own & then when locked the blue birds do their own version of that anyway ...

Cheers.

Arn't they made from plastics? Don;t know the english word for it, but here in holland we call it plexiglas

Yes, and it's lot less dangerous to the pilot. It's used on almost every type of plane.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Fly by light, optical fiber controls, NATO Link 16, 8 target VIA TWS, no canards and no extended reinforced fuselage to support them thus reducing weight and maintenance.

I'd like to comment that despite this I wouldnt go for the Su-35, staying the hell away from it. Its a huge deviation to brazils expertise on french technology (or western technology alltogether for that matter) and the planes figures rarely meet up the optimistic numbers the russians claim. 4000h engine life and 6000 hours (or 30 years) of airframe life is still kinda too fantastic leap for a russian plane but still short of Portuguese F-16's for example wich are ready to go up to 8000 hours. The indians have been having a hard time maintaining their MKI's (including airfram life redution due to thrust vectoring) and for a country that hates maintenance complications like Brazil does, that should have ringed an alarm bell by now.

The article mentions options for weaponry that still does not exist, nor they will for a number of years yet to come, such as the so called BVR Ramjet missile and the R-37 from the Mig-31.

If I were for brazil I would get Either Rafales or Eurofighters. They are avaiable with reliable tangible weapons out of the box.

Do you understand what we are talking about? It is a Su-35 with AESA and with French avionics. (Even the eurofighter have to fear this stuff)

I just don’t understand why they need this kind of air superiority jet in that peaceful region.

About the 8000 hours (wait and see before you got 8000 hours)

How many of these 1 engine jets will crash in the first 5 year? (I am talking about your F-16)

There is a reason why all new jets are twin engines (except that eeeuh FAG-35 indeed)

I think we in Belgium have lost already +30 of the F-16's (how about that?)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

how many F-16 in belgium are stored?:cry:

Ive seen a picture of a depot....allot...

Also here in holland, we are selling them to chilli and Jordan

I think we will keep the remaining 90 and have 30 for sale (maybe already sold, I don’t know)

Anyway the engine stall problems were something from the past and after the last engine upgrade it is going a lot better…;)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

about time that su have come up with a nice technology features. yes they sure have a big MFD and alot more buttons around it.

nice, sad enough i couldnt understand their langauge on website. just the images of it.

:)

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Brazil is choosing AGAIN its next figther...and the SU have low chances because of its maintence costs and others facts much more deeper than we know ( read others politics situations :smilewink: )

We have very good relation with France and an RAFALE choice can be used to both forces ( Air Force and Naval Force )

This choice is very well suported by some persons at the congress

AND the Mr Mauricio Botelho ( ie EMBRAER OLD PRESIDENT ) is being considered to be the new Ciency and develpment minister and guess what!! he love the France :smilewink:

But in Brazil the Air Force Generals dont lile France option ( RAFALE ) so we really dont know where this will end

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4