Map for late 1944

gavagai

Now we have TWO maps that don't match the planeset. How about one that does, please? Thanks.:music_whistling:

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I think the Channel map was made with a BoB planeset in mind in the future. That's my only rational for it, as well as the option to have the map go from the 30s to '45.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I think the Channel map was made with a BoB planeset in mind in the future. That's my only rational for it, as well as the option to have the map go from the 30s to '45.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I agree, it is the only thing that makes sense and given the several times ED has said that Battle of Britain is planned, there's not much else to confirm.

However, while I think that we have a good matching planeset, we don't have an appropriate map for it. I'm sure that ED knows and will give us a central European map in the future. Also one bomber per side would be great (B-25 and Ju-88 ).

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Perhaps, but then they've messed it up, because it's not a 1940 map. It's at least early-mid 1944.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Perhaps, but then they've messed it up, because it's not a 1940 map. It's at least early-mid 1944.

Would be easy to make a 1940 version of it later. I think they choose channel region because of that. Good for 1943 - 1944 and can be easily modified for 1940 - 1941 later. It's like the Mariana. Will get out first as modern map and then modified to be a WW2 map.

Mid-1944? Ha!

There is not a single airfield on the map that was in use by the Luftwaffe in 1944 or 1945, and thus not a single airfield for any of the current Luftwaffe aircraft that are available for DCS. (REF)

And the layout of Merville Calonne is NATO / Cold war. 60s-70s time frame, with its extended runway and jet-aircraft parking bays. (REF)

Even if ED re-worked to map to early-1943 or even earlier, there are still no suitable Axis aircraft to use there (other than pretending that a 109 K4 is an E4, but Phil, you know the struggle we've had to get our players to pretend the K4 is a G6, right?).

I agree, it is the only thing that makes sense and given the several times ED has said that Battle of Britain is planned, there's not much else to confirm.

However, while I think that we have a good matching planeset, we don't have an appropriate map for it. I'm sure that ED knows and will give us a central European map in the future. Also one bomber per side would be great (B-25 and Ju-88 ).

Unfortunately I don't think ED have any plans to create any bomber, if you watch the video interview with Simon and the Grim Reavers they "discuss" (you will see, the Grim Reapers interview forces his opinion throughout the video unfortunately). Think the max we can expect to have is a two seater. :cry:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=282292

There is a lot of information to be heard if you can stick it, I couldn't personally...fortunately Eldur has captured everything in handy bullet points.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4440795&postcount=26

Silver dragon has made it easier to read

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4441093&postcount=1743

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Glad I didn't buy the channel map. I have ever other map out there and preordered Syria, but the line has to be drawn.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

It's not that cut and dried gav; some areas of the map are superb, others not so much.

My research suggests that it seems that they have used satellite data to get the terrain mesh accurate but then are having to go back and slowly edit out the non-period elements. At this stage it appears that they started on the NE tip of the Kent coast near Manston and are gradually working their way West & South, as towns such as Eastbourne and Hastings reflect modern day arrangements, yet Dover, Canterbury and Maidstone look very much like the period maps.

I suspect the French elements are similar.

We know that there are further improvements and additions planned, and that there are hints of future dynamic terrain/airfield features tied to mission date.

If these all come to fruition it will be a moderately useful map, particularly for the Mosquito, or for Anti-V1 campaigns.

However, it won't be a truly versatile map until we see some earlier war aircraft, or the map limits pushed further East and or North.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Now we have TWO maps that don't match the planeset. How about one that does, please? Thanks.:music_whistling:

+1

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:30 PM, Snapage said:

Yeah, we badly need a map that matches the planes we have. Late 1944/early 1945 map please!

....or planes that match the maps. At least an AI He-111 or Ju-87 is a must for BoB

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

The “which WW2 fighter” thread reminded me of the very old community mod “Mediterranean Air War”...

An early to mid war N Africa, Malta, S Italy map would have huge operational potential, as well as playing host to a whole range of assets...

I loved the desert and semi-arid camo schemes in MAW - 109 F / G and 190 A / F models with desert brown and brown /green dapple leopard spots... Spitfire Vbs, Hurricanes, P-40s, P-38s

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 9:52 AM, rkk01 said:

Norway 

(with a bit of Scotland...)

Yes, although it would be a big map, the Mosquito FB VI is coming. The FAA attacked German naval assets in the area also, the F4U is coming. 

It would be nice different terrain for Cold War, modern scenarios also. Similar to the old EF2000 map.