Viper vs Hornet Radar

dores893

• ED Team
Hi Nineline. The only time I see the radar switch to RWS is when I TMS Down too much. I will try and get an online server tomorrow and record a track for you. I've been playing mostly SP lately with the Liberation campaign.

Thanks would appreciate it and I can run it by the team to see if there is an issue.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Reading more here on the differences between the Hornet and F-16 FCRs, I have to admit it would have been sweet to have gotten a version of the F-16 using the newer V9 radar. More range plus the SAR component.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

I TMS Right and lock the first target subsequent TMS Rights do nothing. And in most cases it does have tracks on multiple targets.

For testing turn off MIDS so you only see the radar and not L16. There are two kinds of tracks: tank and system. System can be bugged, tank can't and both look the same with the Link overlay. Without the Link symbology you can see better what's happening.

Okay so last night I finally got back on an Inferno server to test TWS. As I said before, I have been playing SP (Liberation Campaign) and TWS has been working well enough. Interestingly enough, it worked for me in MP last night as well. The server I joined was empty so there were plenty of targets. I flew at two pairs of two. Both pairs were beaming so I didn't pick them up at all on radar until about 50 miles out, when they finally turned towards me. The two groups were about 20 miles apart. It took a few TMS Downs and TMS Rights, but I managed to get tracks on all four and change targets between all of them with TMS Right. Not sure what changed, but I was never able to do that before in MP. Once I had the first tracked locked I could not lock subsequent targets. So either something was fixed, or all of the sudden I starting doing something right, although I did nothing different than before.

Anyways I'm going to try again today and if I encounter any issues again I will post the track.

Frederf: Thank you for the advice. I'm aware of the different track types. I wait until its the radar that can see the contact before I attempt to create TWS tracks.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

• ED Team
Okay so last night I finally got back on an Inferno server to test TWS. As I said before, I have been playing SP (Liberation Campaign) and TWS has been working well enough. Interestingly enough, it worked for me in MP last night as well. The server I joined was empty so there were plenty of targets. I flew at two pairs of two. Both pairs were beaming so I didn't pick them up at all on radar until about 50 miles out, when they finally turned towards me. The two groups were about 20 miles apart. It took a few TMS Downs and TMS Rights, but I managed to get tracks on all four and change targets between all of them with TMS Right. Not sure what changed, but I was never able to do that before in MP. Once I had the first tracked locked I could not lock subsequent targets. So either something was fixed, or all of the sudden I starting doing something right, although I did nothing different than before.

Anyways I'm going to try again today and if I encounter any issues again I will post the track.

Frederf: Thank you for the advice. I'm aware of the different track types. I wait until its the radar that can see the contact before I attempt to create TWS tracks.

Hi

Nothing has changed, maybe human error?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not ruling that out BIGNEWY, but I haven't changed the way I work the radar either. I haven't had a chance to go back and try again. The real world has caught up to me. Will get back to testing that hopefully this weekend.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.