Thanks to all people of Eagle Dynamics!

Dutch Baron

+1 Full support! But we must work as team help to ED and Together walk to the future to make this SIM ONLY IN THE WORLD AS IT IS CURRENTLY! There is no any other Sim in the world of modern jets this close to reality! Thanks ED for all this!

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

+1 on creating the sim I always dreamed of and making it affordable, ED has my gratitude, if they build it I will buy it even if it is just to support them.

Thanks ED!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Could not agree more.

Ofcourse the real keyboard warriors rate this thread one star rather then typing out their opinion; probably for the better, they would get skinned alive in this thread plus its a refreshing change to not have hate in every thread.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

+100 :thumbup:

Keep up the great work guys....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Great Thread... YES. YES. Thanks to all the talented people of Eagle Dynamics! 100% Appreciated.

The attention to detail is outstanding. Eagle Dynamics even updated the manual in the 2.5.6 Open Beta.

DCS User Manual EN 2020.pdf now 384 pages @ 148 MB. The Old Manual was only 252 pages @15 MB and has screen captures from version 1.2 of the Simulation.

It is so fantastic to see this product mature over the last 10 years. The Mission Editor documentation is significantly expanded.

Having an updated manual is essential for new players who join the community.

Re: Documentation - It looks like the F14 Heatblur online documentation is the next level. I plan to buy F14 soon, and hope that Eagle Dynamics adopts the F14 Style of documentation for its manuals and planes in the next major release of DCS version 3.0 with Vulcan API! Thanks, Team.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

So glad someone took this iniative to post a topic that bundles our expressions of gratitude and bring out the positive vibe/feelings it deserves.

As a military aviation lover this sim truly is a dream come true. I hoop ED keeps getting the motivation and funds it needs/deserves to fuel their productivity in making this legendary military flightsim.

There's no reason to hate on ED... but here's the thing. You pay money to ED and THEY THANK YOU! You are the person doing them the nice thing of paying them. They are not doing you a favour.

They are in fact, and I COMPLETELY SUPPORT THEM DOING THIS, taking more of your money than they put resources (money, time, effort, skill, research...) into the products you buy from them.

They only survive because we give them $$. They thank us. We give them money and hopefully enjoy their products.

It is reasonable to say you enjoy their products but it is actually not reasonable (proper use of the word) to thank them.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no reason to hate on ED... but here's the thing. You pay money to ED and THEY THANK YOU! You are the person doing them the nice thing of paying them. They are not doing you a favour.

They are in fact, and I COMPLETELY SUPPORT THEM DOING THIS, taking more of your money than they put resources (money, time, effort, skill, research...) into the products you buy from them.

They only survive because we give them $$. They thank us. We give them money and hopefully enjoy their products.

It is reasonable to say you enjoy their products but it is actually not reasonable (proper use of the word) to thank them.

Its perfectly reasonable to thank someone for making something you enjoy even though you pay them for that effort.

With that said, thanks a lot for DCS. Its a bit bumpy sometimes but it still remains one of my favorite things to boot up and fly around with!

Its perfectly reasonable to thank someone for making something you enjoy even though you pay them for that effort.

With that said, thanks a lot for DCS. Its a bit bumpy sometimes but it still remains one of my favorite things to boot up and fly around with!

Well said. I could not agree with you more :thumbup:.

Thank you to all of the staff at ED/DCS! Keep it going.

Image36.jpg

Happy to pay, appreciate the hard work, like the updates AND appreciate the Freebies and the support. it’s a simulation, I will NEVER expect it to be perfect, because life never is. I recall one of my RAF pilot, bosses.. “If it starts, I’ll take it... the rest is my bloody problem, Do’y think my dad scrubbed a mission in a Halifax if an instrument went down... if it flies, we go , his Dad did 2 tours, his attitude was “ we are never going to have to go through all that prep again.” IMHO We play in the shadow of heroes and those who work to let us have this simulator, deserve our support and respect.

I echo all the above. (the positive at least....)

I may get frustrated, even pissed occasionally when mods get broken.

But There is no other sim I'd rather fly!

Keep on keepin on!

All the best for a awesome year in the DCS world!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

+1 Well said, agreed. Love/hate relationships are typically the ones that are worth continuing.

Cringeworthy. Does not even fit the term "NEWS"

The OP is from a member, not a representative of Eagle Dynamics. Don't be the forum dictionary police. Whether it is the topic that you don't like, or the praise that they are trying to show to the company that provides a game that many like to play (presumably including yourself otherwise why would you be a member as well).

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I like all the positive accolades, and as a guy who has been onobard since LOMAC came in a box, I've been a long time fan. I just see a lot of this false binary where criticism == hate. You CAN and I DO simultaneously think some things could be much better AND greatly appreciate what ED does as a business. If I didn't, I wouldn't have hung around this long.

Hello ED team!

Thanks for the reddit posting, very welcome and very humble!

Let me add a few thoughts about your posting:

IMHO its a big pity that "Special effects update" and "Lightning" are near term, and "basic AI flying" and "airport ATC" is not indicated to be done at all! Speaking as a customer, I have no idea why AI aircraft are crashing into open terrain in VFR conditions just because of unsuitable waypoint design by the mission designer (or other reasons I don't know), or number 4 aircraft cannot land at all in KASHAB, or they are orbiting for landing for hours until their fuel tank is empty when no one else is on the airport, just to name a few details to highlight this.

Regarding the ME, please just look into the mission editor from Tornado (from the year 1991). It has plenty of features that would fit to DCS's ME as well, and would make the life easier for mission designers.

All your problems I understand in case you don't have people for creating handling strategies, logics, programming code and testing. Not saying that you are doing bad or show signs of weakeness (really I don't), but loosing people all the time might have to do with leadership, but also payment. Commenting code indeed helps, so you should order your programmers - by contract - to comment code. But for sure you already know all this, and are on the way to improve things step by step.

DCS became a "major thing" in the life of many flight simmers, including me, but seeing things not working in DCS while having in mind they had worked in 1991 in Tornado (or 1995 in EF2000), is really a BAD story, and often makes me loosing hope. For ATC and AI things, you have to find SMEs that can help you, and if you can't find them, why not recruiting via the forum?

Anyway, and to sum it up in a positive way, DCS (in latest Openbeta 2.5.5. version) still rocks, and I wish you all the best for the future.

Ah, and don' forget: DON'T GIVE UP, DCS is worth all your efforts and the efforts of your team mates!!!

Kind regards,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1