[REPORTED] LTWS Bricks

hein22

Wasn't we supposed to see HAFUs in LTWS unless there is no donor information? Manual says: Trackfiles that only detected by ownship sensors (no donor contribution) are displayed as standard RWS hits (bricks). But right now if onboard detects the HAFU it is displayed as raw brick. Bug or intended?

Stay safe

• ED Team
Wasn't we supposed to see HAFUs in LTWS unless there is no donor information? Manual says: Trackfiles that only detected by ownship sensors (no donor contribution) are displayed as standard RWS hits (bricks). But right now if onboard detects the HAFU it is displayed as raw brick. Bug or intended?

Hi,

place the TDC over the brick to see HAFU data

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

place the TDC over the brick to see HAFU data

thanks

Yes but you shouldn’t have any bricks if there is an off board donor seeing the same track. Right now with LTWS and MSI enabled it shows all contacts as bricks on Radar Attack page, regardless of donor information.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• ED Team
Yes but you shouldn’t have any bricks if there is an off board donor seeing the same track. Right now with LTWS and MSI enabled it shows all contacts as bricks on Radar Attack page, regardless of donor information.

Hi

based on what? information we have is this is correct as it is.

If you have information that breaks our 1.6 forum rule please PM me.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Based on the fact there is an MSI option for the radar attack page and that’s what the game manual says and that’s how it worked when MSI was released.

If a donor and my radar sees the same contact I should get a full HAFU circle

If my radar sees it and the donors does not I should get top half HAFU only

If donor sees it and my radar does not I should get bottom half HAFU only

At no point should I get bricks with MSI boxed

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• ED Team
Based on the fact there is an MSI option for the radar attack page and that’s what the game manual says and that’s how it worked when MSI was released.

If a donor and my radar sees the same contact I should get a full HAFU circle

If my radar sees it and the donors does not I should get top half HAFU only

If donor sees it and my radar does not I should get bottom half HAFU only

At no point should I get bricks with MSI boxed

We are reviewing, but without any factual information to say any different it is difficult.

We have to use the information we currently have.

Thanks

• ED Team

best way to check is for the OP to provide a short track replay.

thanks

best way to check is for the OP to provide a short track replay.

thanks

Track attached. Wags agrees with this anyway. The third line in the link I'm posting here of Wags's comment agrees with how it should be working and it is not like it is working now. That bug report though is for the second line in Wags's comment. Now the third line is broken, second is fine. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3957222&postcount=2

LTWS MSI bug.trk

Stay safe

Only ownship contacts should be bricks. Ownship + donated should be full HAFUs and the top 8 should be ranked. Also, right now, if you lock a target in STT, you stop seeing off-board HAFUs, whereas before you'd still see off-board HAFUs in STT.

All of the above behavior was present in the DCS Hornet and got changed/bugged around the time the Viper and/or TWS for the Hornet were released (don't recall exactly when).

Track attached.

FA-18C_LTWS bricks and donated HAFUs lost in STT.trk

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hey Santi :) Cool, I didn't know sorry, I'm so old fashioned dog that was waiting to see a tag or something. Thank you.

Np, I should've commented it earlier. I don't have the power to edit post titles but if one of the community managers sees it I'm sure they will change it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Possible issue with LTWS and MSI

Referring this video:

LTWS + MSI should display HAFU symbols, unless the target is painted only by your radar.

I recently noticed that I get the HAFU symbols only if my radar doesn't track the target at all, and when it does (doesn't matter how many other donors see the targets) the HAFU instantly changes to a brick.

The attached track is of a mission with one AI wingman, and one AWACS that is set up correctly. The S/A page works fine and displays the right contacts and information from donors. Notice how the bricks change to HAFUS and vice versa as I move the vertical scan limitations.

ltws with msi.trk

Stay safe

Referring this video:

LTWS + MSI should display HAFU symbols, unless the target is painted only by your radar.

I recently noticed that I get the HAFU symbols only if my radar doesn't track the target at all, and when it does (doesn't matter how many other donors see the targets) the HAFU instantly changes to a brick.

The attached track is of a mission with one AI wingman, and one AWACS that is set up correctly. The S/A page works fine and displays the right contacts and information from donors. Notice how the bricks change to HAFUS and vice versa as I move the vertical scan limitations.

Indeed, I reported this a while ago

• 2 months later...