Special for Joystick

dresoccer4

quick q: i'm wondering what the "Special for joystick" category means in the controls menu? for example the canopy switch and engine anti-ice are in this category. are they actually part of the joystick in the real F-16?

thanks for any info on what this all means

[ATTACH]231361[/ATTACH]

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

quick q: i'm wondering what the "Special for joystick" category means in the controls menu? for example the canopy switch and engine anti-ice are in this category. are they actually part of the joystick in the real F-16?

thanks for any info on what this all means

[ATTACH]231361[/ATTACH]

Nope. Canopy switch is under the yellow spider handle and engine anti-ice is outboard of the Avionics power panel in the aft right console. Not sure why they would call either special for joystick.

Probably used to map functions on our joysticks (the gaming device, not mimicking the real life HOTAS setup) to make it a little easier on us.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Probably used to map functions on our joysticks (the gaming device, not mimicking the real life HOTAS setup) to make it a little easier on us.

hmm :unsure: how do you mean?

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

The 'Special for joystick' category is for mapping to 2-way and 3-way toggle switches rather than momentary buttons.

ah ok thanks. and normally only joysticks can use multi-way switches