RIO on mid-range laptop?

Zius

I normally run DCS on my PC, which has quite decent specs and runs DCS well, but is just a regular desktop. No VR, no home cockpit etc.

Now I was thinking about buying a mid-range laptop (around E800 or so) and running DCS on it for the sole purpose of manning the RIO seat. The pilot seat would be operated from my PC.

I think that, because looking outside is not that much mandatory, I can decrease the graphical settings quite a bit so DCS will run on the laptop.

I have neither the space nor the money for another gaming spec desktop PC...

Any thoughts or comments?

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I normally run DCS on my PC, which has quite decent specs and runs DCS well, but is just a regular desktop. No VR, no home cockpit etc.

Now I was thinking about buying a mid-range laptop (around E800 or so) and running DCS on it for the sole purpose of manning the RIO seat. The pilot seat would be operated from my PC.

I think that, because looking outside is not that much mandatory, I can decrease the graphical settings quite a bit so DCS will run on the laptop.

I have neither the space nor the money for another gaming spec desktop PC...

Any thoughts or comments?

You want to fly both seats by yourself in multiplayer?

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

You want to fly both seats by yourself in multiplayer?

I was thinking of my daughter flying with myself doing the RIO work, but I can imagine doing both seats myself occassionally as well.

With ample use of the pauze button, obviously.:lol:

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I have doubts a laptop is going to cut it, really. Maybe with an eGPU, but thats going over budget.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

I have doubts a laptop is going to cut it, really.

Well, that's the question...

I do have another laptop lying here, maybe I should install DCS on it and try multiplayer with the TD-51 or the demo aircraft of the day.

Pity there are no multicrew aircraft taking part of the demo...

Just post the specs of the machines you have in mind.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat