Upcoming Black Shark 2 Patch Change Log

Wags

Free Fall/Bombing HUD/Shkval mode

ABRIS able to handle vertical navigation for a new created (in cockpit) Flight Plan

Where did pilot enter the altitude? I recall that it was just the horizontal positioning, but it has been a while I created those in cockpit...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I'm referring to the ABRIS/AMMS not the PVI-800, that doesn't have (and never will have) altitude info for WP and TGT Point.

Well, the ABRIS has some altitude information for targets, as it knows all the time your helicopter altitude via various sources (from PVI-800), and when you add targets to ABRIS via datalink, your Shkval ranges the target and as well gets its altitude information by its angle.

When you recall the ABRIS target information from ABRIS, you as well get the target altitude information for your Skhval to recenter to it regardless your new altitude or position.

Without ABRIS knowing target altitudes, you would get Skhval uncaged at random altitudes your your altitude instead where the target was measured and stored.

So while the ABRIS does know the targets altitude, it is not such that you could input it there. And your altitude is known by other means than the GLONASS.

And how much does it matter? When you set a waypoint from A to B, you fly with your other instruments that what is your altitude, using barometric or radar ranging. Your typical flight is anyways either close to the ground (NOE) so radar altimeter and your visual is the critical point.

Or if you are cruising at higher altitude you use barometric altitude measurement and anyways need to keep eye at your surroundings.

What comes regarding your navigation, lack of altitude input doesn't matter. As it is same thing as with the paper map, you don't measure altitude accurately from it than just height scale at given steps.

And for attack purposes, again you don't need it. As you are anyways using all other instruments for the attack. You use either Skhval to find target, so you get the target altitude from there relative to your altitude. Or you fly based the terrain and you use just your visuals to find the target for HUD release.

KA-50 carrying few dumb bombs is not meant to be done from 4000 meters at ground being at 35 meter from sea level. It is meant to be done from 200-600 meters, well in range of your other altitude instruments and Skhval targeting.

That ABRIS and PVI-800 ain't linked is not a such downside at all, it is just little sad thing, but not a problem.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.