Why so slow?

moggel

Doing searches to see if anyone has mentioned speed after having lost an engine and this thread looks closest. I lost an engine and found it incredibly hard to stay above trees. (It's alright, found the engine, it just fell between the couch cushions)

I had believed the Hog was more than capable of flying with 1 powerplant and the sim was a bit unrealistic in this sense. But reading here, I am thinking that my problem was that I was still fully loaded, didn't consider dropping my payload. Does this sound feasible?

Yup. First thing you do when you lose an engine is mash the stores eject button. Then she flies just fine on one.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Moggel, you’ll be investing in the F16 for FASTFAQ missions then? I love the A-10 for its manoeuvreability, load carrying and TOT, it, gives me time to re-learn mavericks etc. Lots of game satisfaction when leaving a trashed set of targets....but crossing Nellis ranges....I know what you mean.