Harrier current state

trindade

Hello,

With the recent sale I'm considering purchasing the Harrier and my question is simple (maybe the answer isn't!) What is the current state of the Harrier? Bugs? Any showstoppers? It's playable as it is?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

It's playable / flyable, although many things are yet undone and no ETAs on delivery. I'd say no major showstoppers. For better experience though might be worth waiting until the module is in more mature state. If you're looking to do things "by the book" i.e. NATOPS manuals you will be disappointed.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Even if it will take a bit more time for it to be feature complete, the sale is now.

Buy now, fly later.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

While it is not yet complete there are more and more systems coming online with each update. Having had this as a day one purchase this has actually been quite good because it gives you a chance to learn things in stages. It is a very capable aircraft and I am extremely happy with it. It's my number one choice; and yes I have the Hornet.

Definitely buy while it is on sale at this price, even if you don't fly it until it is fully completed.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

Above all, the Harrier is unique in what it can do. That alone is a good reason to buy. It’s also a lot of fun to fly

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

If you buy, make sure you know what Early Access means. You would not be the first to be dissappointed by the amount of features available at the moment and the development speed of new features. Just saying.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

It is pretty well functional as far as weapons systems. It is a fun bird to fly. I think it is very much worth it.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

I'm considering buying this as well, but am a little concerned about the number of posts regarding slow progress on updates by Razbam. This isn't going to turn into another of these modules that gets left behind by the devs when they have something better, i.e. more immediate income stream, to do, is it?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

...It is a very capable aircraft and I am extremely happy with it. It's my number one choice; and yes I have the Hornet.

Definitely buy while it is on sale at this price, even if you don't fly it until it is fully completed.

I also have the Hornet (which is amazing) but would echo this sentiment. It's currently my favourite too. In particular, learning VTOL is extremely fun and of course unique to this airframe.

I'm a big rotor-head too and mastering vertical landings offers a similar satisfaction to the UH-1 and Mi-8.

There are definitely bugs and incomplete systems as well as some needed tweaks to the flight model. However, it is quite usable now.

The big concern is how long it will be until completion which was recently stated as the end of this year.

Sent from my MediaPad using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

The outstanding features in the works that are of note to me, are arbitrary waypoint entry on the UFC scratchpad, (you can add waypoints already, but only from the mission editor) and the VREST; VSTOL, range, endurance, speed, and time computer.

There are some other minor details that don't really affect the pleasure of flying the AV-8, but for me would be fun features to have work, the Heuer stopwatch and clock (these beauties are really expensive and rare IRL) and some other things that don't come to mind right now.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

It is worth every cent. You have enough working features to play the role as a low flying night attack ac. There is even a bunch of awesome missions from the userfiles you can practice with. The Harrier will only get better when the INS and last weapons is made available to us.

buy it. DO IT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is worth every cent. You have enough working features to play the role as a low flying night attack ac. There is even a bunch of awesome missions from the userfiles you can practice with. The Harrier will only get better when the INS and last weapons is made available to us.

buy it. DO IT

Yep, I failed to state; it is very much worth it right now (I bought it full price) it is the best simulated representation of a VSTOL jet aircraft in the public domain, to my knowledge.

On listening to actual fliers of the AV-8, even going back to pilots that flew the GR designated series (when England still had them in our fleet) you can fly it to their numbers quite readily, NATOPS is great but sometimes it's nicer to hear from the drivers perspective.

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Just got it on sale. Loving the systems and stuff to do in the pit. One thing though, i feel taking of is hard in this one, so far only been practicing conventionals as i want to get them down first.

10 deg nozzles set and 2 deg nose down as per manual, i have to jam right pedal most of the time or else she wants to head violently to the left, maby i am doing something wrong?

Should anti skid be on for takeoffs? And should nws be used at all during the roll?

Not that this helps....... but I jumped on this Module as soon as the sale went live....... It'll take quite awhile to learn this and the F/A-18 so it really doesn't matter that it's incomplete right now..... I've had just one flight so far and the cockpit was awesome! I say go for it!

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

Just got it on sale. Loving the systems and stuff to do in the pit. One thing though, i feel taking of is hard in this one, so far only been practicing conventionals as i want to get them down first.

10 deg nozzles set and 2 deg nose down as per manual, i have to jam right pedal most of the time or else she wants to head violently to the left, maby i am doing something wrong?

Should anti skid be on for takeoffs? And should nws be used at all during the roll?

Yes you need NWS; Nose Wheel Steering ON, else you'll not be able to maintain centreline and end up in the scenery.

Initiate Takeoff:

NWS — Engage.

I was also skeptical at first, especially after the so-so release and progress on the M2000. But now I have the Harrier for four months and I have to say that it's awesome. Yes, some of the avionics are incomplete, but the Flight Model is exceptional in my opinion.

Flying VSTOL is an experience like no other and RAZBAM nailed it.

Highly recommend it even at full prince, so this sale is a steal.

I would without a doubt recommend the AV8B so much fun to fly one of my favorite aircraft in the game. It has a lot of features already. You can do A2A and A2G combat very effectively in this AC. You got your AGMs, GBUs, AIM 9s, the targeting pod (forget the name) ect. I personally think you will be very satisfied with this AC.

Harrier still my favourite

Got the Hornet, which is very well done, and has potential to grow into most rounded and capable warfighting jet on offer so far, but I still love the Harrier more. Why? Hard to say, but I just feel it has a bit more character for me and the nuances of learning to fly it entertains me more...the stick feels more connected to the aircraft. VSTOL is challenging but, unlike the Hornet when you select full flapfor example, the Harrier’s behaviour and aerodynamic challenge to master seems more believable.

Once the bomb intervals are implemented and manual waypoints are possible the Harrier will be even more satisfying. The Hornet is still a great module but the Harrier will probably always remain my favourite....and if a Sea Harrier FA2 came along with its radar that would be amazing.

Almost didn't buy it because the cockpit looks too flat. It was like a different Jet when I try it with VR. Same goes for f18.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Hawk experience?

I'm with trindade and you other guys. The sale sounds like a good deal and the aircraft is awesome. But when I purchased my Hawk, it seemed like a good deal too. Unfortunately the developers seemed to forget about development after the sale and all of the Hawk's numerous warts were frozen permanently( I haven't look recently so perhaps I misjudge).

I notice that there have been frequent AV-8B updates this year, but I don't know enough about the aircraft to appreciate what sort of experience one would have if the devs stopped updating, say, at the end of June.

What do you guys that know the current state of the product and the actual aircraft think?

I'm with trindade and you other guys. The sale sounds like a good deal and the aircraft is awesome. But when I purchased my Hawk, it seemed like a good deal too. Unfortunately the developers seemed to forget about development after the sale and all of the Hawk's numerous warts were frozen permanently( I haven't look recently so perhaps I misjudge).

I notice that there have been frequent AV-8B updates this year, but I don't know enough about the aircraft to appreciate what sort of experience one would have if the devs stopped updating, say, at the end of June.

What do you guys that know the current state of the product and the actual aircraft think?

I have been flying the AV-8B in-sim regularly, and it feels authentic; I fly aircraft in real-life though just GA, this model behaves in a convincing manner, I've read through Harrier reports (Sharky, Franzak, Marston) and I can fly their numbers without issue. Whatever that counts for, I dunno.