NEXT LEVEL MOTION PLATFORM V3 - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-27-2018, 04:52 PM   #31
Fubarbrickdust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman3874 View Post
Just a quick update if anyone with a V3 NLR Motion platform ran into the same issue I did. I contacted NLR (Next Level Racing) support and they worked with me to analyze the files. The were very helpful and found the issue in their software, updated it to correct the situation, and got me back up and running. I have been very impressed with NLR Support. They are very responsive and effective in supporting the V3. DCS is awesome with Motion. Highly recommend the V3 for who ever might be considering the plunge.
I potentially have the same issue - would you mind letting me know more of the details regarding what the problem was and what was done to fix it?

I've not had my V3 for very long and have only had v2.75 of the platform manager. The V3 is fine and motion runs great on the other games I use it for (Project Cars 2 & Assetto Corsa), but it just doesn't want to do its thing for DCS 2.5 OB.

Unfortunately I can't verify wether it is a Platform Manager v2.75 vs 2.73 issue as there's no way to download the previous version. But I thought I'd ask you about it as the problem sounds pretty much identical.

I downloaded and reinstalled the PM from the NLR site incase they'd already updated the build but the issue remains. I've checked the DCS export script and it appears to be pointing to the right place.

I'm a bit of a NLR V3 noob so thought I'd ask...

Cheers.

Rift CV1 | BRD-DS | MFG Crosswind | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 Profile Chassis | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

Homebrew Control Panels [Dustek]: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFD Left | MFD Right | MFD Centre | WEP-TECH | HYD-MECH | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC

F/A-18C | A-10C | F-5E | AJS-37 | M2000C | UH-1H | KA-50 | SA342 | Mi-8 | BF109 K-4| Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | FC3
Fubarbrickdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:35 AM   #32
BlacleyCole

How many degrees of freedom? 2dof or 3 Dof? What is the total area that it needs to operate ie what side box hxwxl?

I’m thinking of getting a 3dof platform that will allow the following setups:
1)current setup is rear half of speedmaster flight seat plus Pro Flight Trainer Puma with a laptop stand {helicopter setup}
2) full speedmaster Flight with vkb Myk lv pedals, tm warthog hotas with to extensions for the stick that allows floor mounting{fighter setup}
3) full speedmaster flight seat with saitek yoke , throttle and pedals {ga/comm setup}
4) full speedmaster flight seat with madcatz racing setup {driving setup}

Change may require modifications to both the speedmaster flight seat - removal of the pedal base and removable of the chair and other horizontal brace to allow it to fit inside the speedmaster frame.

Then it would require swapping out of controls between setups but his will allow tm wh throttle on lt rear platform and saitek throttle quadrant on rear rt platform

It elevates the seat something I need done because of egress and ingress

Stabilize everything so it doesn’t move like it does now.

If it works out I should beable to mount the laptop on the center keyboard platform. Once pc is built I’ll run all cables from the rear instead of the front that I now do.

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better

Last edited by BlacleyCole; 06-28-2018 at 06:51 AM.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:12 AM   #33
SpeedStick

Check MotionPlatforms site for specs:
https://motionsystems.eu/product/mot...tforms/hs-203/

How big area you need kinda depends on what seat you put on it. You can also limit the amount of % of degrees the motors are allowed to used.

Another question. My platform has been out for a couple of months due to a motor overheating, havent gotten my thumbs outta my arse to contact support.
However, I wanted to give try it out and see how it worked. But I am having troubles again.

Anyone have trouble in the last release of either DCS or MotionPlatform?

Im having the old problem of not taking info or moving when in DCS. I can move it from software ect. And I've tried all dirrent kinds of lua stuff but it wont move.
Any tips?
Old 08-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #34
timothyburton

Can you use the motion platform with other chairs?
timothyburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:42 PM   #35
SpeedStick

Well yes, I am pretty sure I saw someone mount a different seat on it. Just make custom holes and fasteners for whatever chair you have to fit in the rig.

Again: Not to spam but again, any Motion system/NextLevel owners have it working currently?
Old 09-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #36
Fubarbrickdust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStick View Post
Again: Not to spam but again, any Motion system/NextLevel owners have it working currently?

I had a similar issue...

It was fixed in the most recent update to the V3 platform manager/firmware. V1.77 I believe.

Prior to that, I noticed that the V3 would not respond or receive telemetry from the sim. Initially I thought it was a global for DCS. I later discovered it was only whenever flying aircraft that were set as ‘client’ in the ME, be it MP or SP. The platform would only work with a ‘player’ slot.

This was my issue, with similar symptom to what you describe. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rift CV1 | BRD-DS | MFG Crosswind | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 Profile Chassis | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

Homebrew Control Panels [Dustek]: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFD Left | MFD Right | MFD Centre | WEP-TECH | HYD-MECH | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC

F/A-18C | A-10C | F-5E | AJS-37 | M2000C | UH-1H | KA-50 | SA342 | Mi-8 | BF109 K-4| Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | FC3
Fubarbrickdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #37
SpeedStick

Hey.

Thanks for the trying to help.
When I had this problem before it seemed to be annoyed with the order in export.lua. So switching around there would work. But no nothing works.
Dont think its the client setting thats doing it.

Firmware 85.17 and PlatformManager is 2.77.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #38
lesthegrngo

Hi guys, noticed this tread and have a related question.

My NLR V3 is working great with DCS world and Automobilista, but I just cannot get it to work with DCS A-10C. When I set up the profile, it either hangs when going to the DCS exe file, or generates an error message when going to the Launcher.exe file

Can you guys advise on what I should be doing in the setup?

Thanks

Les

Last edited by lesthegrngo; 09-17-2018 at 06:21 AM.
lesthegrngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:18 PM   #39
SpeedStick

Never had problem with the software freezing. Make sure you are on the latest software and firmware, mine didnt update. Had du reinstall.