Show me your dogfighting skills....

NineLine

• 2 weeks later...

well....whats to add to this video except, 9./GJ27 really enjoys to fly against an organised spitfire squadron.

we were kind of laughing about the video...but only because we are all sure that you will have other content to show in no time! looking forward to that!

resepct for No.54 from whole 9./GJ27.:thumbup:

PS: you sent me a pm, thats why i could watch your video, but here in this thread its just black, at least for me.

• 1 month later...

Met this young Bf 109 pilot up at 15.000 ft in the =Burning Skies= server.

He wanted to fight.

My shooting sucks :joystick:

...but he's got some learning to do too ;)

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

Praticing my aerial gunnery skills at the great Caucasus Turkey Shoot.

= Burning Skies= and SteelBalls servers.

Still got some learning to do :joystick:

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | i7-8700K | 32GB DDR4 3600 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE | EKWB custom loop water cooling | Samsung M.2 EVO 960 500GB SSD + 2 x Crucial 250MX SSD + 4TB HD | Asus PG348Q 3440x1440 | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MSFFB2 w extension + Saitek X52 Throttle + MFG Crosswind | Windows 10-64

…and one more from the =BurningSkies= server.

Here again I’m finding the Spit again as not very stable gun platform at all, gotta keep praticing! Although, the initial snap shot at 0:14 is spot on :thumbup:

In the end I get too close, get his rudder with my prop and surprisingly find that it only takes out my prop governor.

The RPM jumps to 4500 and I have to throttle back to about -2 boost to keep it ~ 3000 RPM.

I did make it back home though :)

Met this young Bf 109 pilot up at 15.000 ft in the =Burning Skies= server.

He wanted to fight.

My shooting sucks :joystick:

...but he's got some learning to do too ;)

Nice, they never come to me when I fly that high :(

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Nice, they never come to me when I fly that high :(

Thanks, I actually often find that they do. Perhaps not when the match up is completely one sided with allied team double the size of the axis team, then they have enough juicy targets low next to their home base at Anapa.

But when the teams are more even, there is usually plenty of Axis players high up.

You can try to circle around their target area 2 for a while, this is when they get the radio message that somebody is around that area, so somebody might come to check it out. Or simply try around the cost line between two bases, or get up even higher to leave some contrails. They will see those and will come to check out if they are not busy otherwise. At least I will when I’m flying Axis :smilewink:

Thanks, I actually often find that they do. Perhaps not when the match up is completely one sided with allied team double the size of the axis team, then they have enough juicy targets low next to their home base at Anapa.

But when the teams are more even, there is usually plenty of Axis players high up.

You can try to circle around their target area 2 for a while, this is when they get the radio message that somebody is around that area, so somebody might come to check it out. Or simply try around the cost line between two bases, or get up even higher to leave some contrails. They will see those and will come to check out if they are not busy otherwise. At least I will when I’m flying Axis :smilewink:

:D :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

Burning Skies server

This is some stuff from me in the Burning skies server

I've only ever managed to shoot down an AI once in the 2 months I've had the Spitfire.

I'd say I'm good at evasion but I can never land shots, also in the Burning Skies server I always manage to get into fights that are far out of my favor [2/3 vs me] because I cant ID anything until I hear the engines, and even then I'm way too close.

its not my voice in the video, TS was on but mine was not transmitting

• 2 weeks later...

couple of kills from Burning Skies and ACG multiplayer servers....

...and some punk rock and backpipes to go with it :D

Redshoes, you are an inspiration for Virtual Spitfire pilots everywhere! I myself managed to snag a couple of kills on sunday against those pesky Krauts. :) Was a lot of fun.

Finally getting the hang of the Spit in combat. I can now usually end the fight in a stalemate if Im not ambushed, or Im not outnumbered.

Really getting the hang of the Spits strengths now.

Like the compilations, but could you maybe include some setups and tactics for closing, in your next video?

Bit of a compilation:

Nice. I especially like how you edited the video to show how the fights came about, and interspersed it with commentary on what you did right/wrong instead of just focusing on the killing shots. Liked! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
An extended period of defensive flying...

Nice flying Phil. Question: I noticed from this and other clips, you don't bother setting up the gunsight. You don't find it any help at all?

Nice flying Phil. Question: I noticed from this and other clips, you don't bother setting up the gunsight. You don't find it any help at all?

No, I don't bother calibtrating or setting it.

Let's say I set the gunsight to 200m distance and 30ft wingspan.

When am I going to get the chance to hold an enemy inside it at 200m distance for more than 0.01 seconds?

It just doesn't happen.

I'm just not good enough to get my aircraft into a "perfect" firing position at the right range, I have to take whatever shots present themselves.

I don't see value it setting up the gunsight against fighters. They move around too much.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I don't see value it setting up the gunsight against fighters. They move around too much.

Well I don't know, I still find it very helpful when ranging at least. Sure they move around a lot much, but a lot of the times (it even happens a couple of times in your vid here) you will get a chance to fire from the six position. At those times, it seems to me that its crucial to know at what distance to open fire. And even with a twitchy sight, when it is configured properly, you get a decent enough indication of the right MAX range.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Well I don't know, I still find it very helpful when ranging at least. Sure they move around a lot much, but a lot of the times (it even happens a couple of times in your vid here) you will get a chance to fire from the six position. At that those times, it seems to me that its crucial to know at what distance to open fire. And even with a twitchy sight, when it is configured properly, you get a decent enough indication of the right MAX range.

Hmmmmmm, I'll be on tonight probably.. Might set it and see if I get results.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/