SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 05:19 PM   #11
=Andre=
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Hello
I tried the setup with a win 7 64 system and a 3rd soundcard. I conected to aura interactors (each with one shaker) with my Chinese 1,5€ usb soundcard. I could choose the soundcard for output in the menu. My soundcard on the main board drove the game sound and i connected a usb headset via virtual audio cabel. It worked for me so far but i must check my whole setup with sim shaker, hawgh touch and dcs bios. I will try it at the weekend and will report. The only issue i had was with test button, after pressing it 3 times in a row the sim shaker software crashed. I tested the software 15 min with highspeed taxiing and multi gear up and down sequences. My modul is the Bf 109k4.

Kind regards Christian
Hello Christian,
thanks a lot for your feedback. Did you feel any effects at your aura interactors while taxiing and gear up and down sequences?
How many interactors do you have?
SimShaker dev blog, downloads, manuals(in English).

=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #12
avidflyer

Hello Andrew,

yes i feelt the effects. I took the Messerschmitt to the gras and runway and got bumps in relation to the speed. Gear bumps were also great and in relation to gear travel (down 2 bumps and up one bump). i have connected 2 aura interactors via a usb soundcard and y cable. I will check sim shaker on weekend with my whole setup to check it work fine with all stuff. Before I have to fix an issue with a arduino card which drives some of the instrument panel. But so far i havent seen any issues accept the mentioned one.
I am ready for more effecets - thank you

best regards Avidflyer
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #13
=Andre=
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Hello Andrew,

yes i feelt the effects. I took the Messerschmitt to the gras and runway and got bumps in relation to the speed. Gear bumps were also great and in relation to gear travel (down 2 bumps and up one bump). i have connected 2 aura interactors via a usb soundcard and y cable. I will check sim shaker on weekend with my whole setup to check it work fine with all stuff. Before I have to fix an issue with a arduino card which drives some of the instrument panel. But so far i havent seen any issues accept the mentioned one.
I am ready for more effecets - thank you

best regards Avidflyer
Sounds good
I'm going to deliver more effects soon.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:20 AM   #14
GregP

Andre,

I just tried the sound mode expansion module and I first want to make sure I understand what this is testing:

Am I correct that you have added simple sounds for landing gear and bumps, that should work for all aircraft, and that will get played over our normal output devices, such as 5.1 speaker systems as well as a Buttkicker?

If that's correct, then yes, the module seems to be working for me. However, since there were already bass tones from DCS itself corresponding to these effects, my Buttkicker is not acting any differently than without the sound mode module; I can hear the effects playing over my speakers, but there's no difference in what I actually feel. Is this the way it's supposed to work? I presumed you'd be adding additional deep bass tones, so that either the subwoofer or Buttkicker alone would play those sounds.
i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz / Asus P8P67 Pro / 16GB DDR3-1600 / GTX 1080 Ti / Sound Blaster Z / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFDs / CH Products Throttle Quadrant / X-Keys XK-80 / X-Keys Professional / Panasonic TC-58AX800U 58" 4K TV

DCS Startup Videos
GregP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:23 AM   #15
_Dredd

Greg,

The intention is to use a spearate sound output.
Ie; I have onboard Realtek sound, and a PCIE Asus STX card.

DCS (and all audio) is through the Realtek with 7.1 Sound.
The Buttkkicker currnetly on STX Headphone Out. (currently in 2channel mode - You could use any cheapy soundard also)

Simshaker sounds now play through the STX rather than standard audio channels(Realtek).

I engage landing gear; feel the bumps; and it's indepednant shaking from the game audio; not like before where all audio from the game(low Hz) and system played through the Buttkicker as it was just split from the subwoofer out channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregP View Post
Andre,

I just tried the sound mode expansion module and I first want to make sure I understand what this is testing:

Am I correct that you have added simple sounds for landing gear and bumps, that should work for all aircraft, and that will get played over our normal output devices, such as 5.1 speaker systems as well as a Buttkicker?

If that's correct, then yes, the module seems to be working for me. However, since there were already bass tones from DCS itself corresponding to these effects, my Buttkicker is not acting any differently than without the sound mode module; I can hear the effects playing over my speakers, but there's no difference in what I actually feel. Is this the way it's supposed to work? I presumed you'd be adding additional deep bass tones, so that either the subwoofer or Buttkicker alone would play those sounds.
ASUS Rampage IV Formula
G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3
Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti
Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K
Windows 10 x64
TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS
Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals
Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Last edited by _Dredd; 06-12-2015 at 03:17 AM.
_Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:12 AM   #16
=Andre=
Veteran

I agree, thank you for the answer _Dredd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dredd View Post
Greg,

The intention is to use a spearate sound output.
Ie; I have onboard Realtek sound, and a PCIE Asus STX card.

DCS (and all audio) is through the Realtek with 7.1 Sound.
The Buttkkicker currnetly on STX Headphone Out.

Simshaker sounds now play through the STX rather than standard audio channels(Realtek).

I engage landing gear; feel the bumps; and it's indepednant shaking from the game audio; not like before where all audio from the game(low Hz) and system played through the Buttkicker as it was just split from the subwoofer out channel.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #17
GregP

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification, guys. So has anyone had any success using just a single audio card, but plugging the Buttkicker into one of the card's unused ports? I'll test this weekend to verify.
i5-2500K @ 4.8 GHz / Asus P8P67 Pro / 16GB DDR3-1600 / GTX 1080 Ti / Sound Blaster Z / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFDs / CH Products Throttle Quadrant / X-Keys XK-80 / X-Keys Professional / Panasonic TC-58AX800U 58" 4K TV

DCS Startup Videos
GregP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:18 AM   #18
_Dredd

It may work Greg, but you'll be sharing audio and still outputting all game audio to the Buttkicker. Using a separate soundcard , Simshaker can play low Hz sounds relevant to export.lua events, hence separating Buttkicker sounds from game audio and this allows Andre to use custom sound for events, such as gun fire, landing gear events, bumps on the taxi way, and more to come.

One annoying thing with using game audio with the Buttkicker for instance, is afterburner audio is louder when you look to the rear, playing inconsistent Buttkicker sound.
ASUS Rampage IV Formula
G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3
Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti
Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K
Windows 10 x64
TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS
Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals
Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.
_Dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:30 AM   #19
hakjar

So, a little question, I have onboard sound and the kicker connected to that.
What card would you recommend as second card?

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC Homebuilt: Intel i7-9700K, Gigabyte Aorus, MSI Gaming X 1070, 32 GB DDR3, 240 GB SSD + 220 GB SSD Gaming: TM HOTAS WH, Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 4, Oculus Rift
hakjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #20
=Andre=
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakjar View Post
So, a little question, I have onboard sound and the kicker connected to that.
What card would you recommend as second card?
Any card you can get easy enough.
We've just started testing and do not have black and white lists for cards (yet).