Massive CA update

Davis0079

• ED Team
The steering wheel is a multi-sided (looks like sixteen) object instead of a circle.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2247014&postcount=71

Ah, dont be too hard on them, I am hoping its just another baby step towards bigger better things... I am hoping it will entice others in adding their own vehicles to the sim as well, now that you can do more with the interiors...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I am hoping it will entice others in adding their own vehicles to the sim as well, now that you can do more with the interiors...
I don't think there is a way to add working 3D gauges yet (without some hackery at least) but high poly ground vehicle cockpits are definitely possible now. You could just make a special LOD with a range of 1 meter so it would only show up when the view is inside the cockpit. There may be some issues with clipping or z-fighting if the cockpit geometry is too fine in world coordinates instead of cockpit coordinates though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think there is a way to add working 3D gauges yet (without some hackery at least) but high poly ground vehicle cockpits are definitely possible now. You could just make a special LOD with a range of 1 meter so it would only show up when the view is inside the cockpit. There may be some issues with clipping or z-fighting if the cockpit geometry is too fine in world coordinates instead of cockpit coordinates though.

That is not far off how the normal cockpits are done.

Nate

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I don't seem to manage setting up the controls: I just want to use my mouse for the turret and my arrow keys for movement as I always did, but with the update it is completely porked. I understand that I have to map axes (that I won't be using ) to my X-55, but even if I do it still gets screwed up: I can now use left/right arrow again but still not up/down arrow and the turret movement is completely erratic.

Is there a simple setup instruction for this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn I don't seem to manage setting up the controls: I just want to use my mouse for the turret and my arrow keys

You have an x55! You should use it. Yes you could drive vehicles with the mouse and keyboard but WHY? you don't drive planes with mouse and keyboard?

It is time to move with the times. You have proper controls for tanks now, just bind them and enjoy.

Damn I don't seem to manage setting up the controls: I just want to use my mouse for the turret and my arrow keys

You have an x55! You should use it. Yes you could drive vehicles with the mouse and keyboard but WHY? you don't drive planes with mouse and keyboard?

It is time to move with the times. You have proper controls for tanks now, just bind them and enjoy.

Because i play CA when i don't feel like putting the joystick out, and the fact that turret control is way better with a mouse.

Anywho, everything works fine for me.

Indeed I am 100% happy that Eagle developed these real joystick controls for CA, which is logical and a real improvement, only in my particular case, I seem to have much better motoric control with the mouse than with a joystick axis, specially for the aiming.

Could be just me; in the mean time I got everything almost fixed, except the forward movement/brake which really doesn't work with the arrows, I learning to adapt to do it with the joystick.

But I do guess the interference is just a small bug and they will fix that in a next release?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed the missing trees in IR when I was testing some stuff the other day. Same day I started driving from Batumi to Kerch via Minvody. I put a BTR in autopilot, set a waypoint and left DCs running in side window while I did some other stuff.

I've never gone through a tunnel in vehicle in DCS before.

JlKx28M.jpg

There was some funky behavior in first person so went into F7 view to pass through it and get a view. I stopped outside Minvody. I'll have to continue from there at some point.