- Strela-10 (Gopher)

- Stinger MANPAD

- Igla MANPAD

Reticle have been removed from iron sights

Game window focus loss during turret control was fixed

Simulator crash on controllable unit submergence has been fixed

HE rounds ballistic and sights’ reticles have been coordinated

Units with disabled AI remain disabled on player enter/leave the unit

Antenna dish is folding down on all clients/server when the player leaves the unit.

Rotation to reload/rearm position for turrets has been added

Manual reload/rearming start/abort has been added for player controlled unit

Binocular view has 3 zoom levels now

Alternative (switch by 3rd mouse button) turret rotation mode has been tuned. Maximum turret rotation speed can be reached with any zoom level

Potentially fixed track consistence problem when sight’s zoom level has been changed during track replay

Fire secondary weapon command added (for some coax machineguns).

....whos running beta...where are the screenshots?????....feed me...

Edited by Davis0079

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

I can´t move ground units with the keyboard, only with the joystick or my pedals.

All axis and assignaments cleared from joy and rudder pedals.

EDIT: Only when i Push or Pull my joy the ground units moves. Even if i have no assignament at all in control for my joy or my pedals.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

does this say driver cockpit???

I wouldn't get too excited.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I wouldn't get too excited.

Yeah gotta agree with cichlidfan, if you're thinking it means a lovely 3D cockpit I wouldn't get your hopes up. I got a bit happy reading that as well, but unless someone who has downloaded the beta says otherwise, I'm not going to get my hopes smashed by assuming that driver cockpit means what we want it to mean. Might just mean being able to hop between two positions, the difference only being the HUD display and what commands you can use. Though if that is all it is, that certainly could suggest multi-crew support might not just be a aircraft thing in the future.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Yeah gotta agree with cichlidfan, if you're thinking it means a lovely 3D cockpit I wouldn't get your hopes up. I got a bit happy reading that as well, but unless someone who has downloaded the beta says otherwise, I'm not going to get my hopes smashed by assuming that driver cockpit means what we want it to mean. Might just mean being able to hop between two positions, the difference only being the HUD display and what commands you can use. Though if that is all it is, that certainly could suggest multi-crew support might not just be a aircraft thing in the future.

The steering wheel is a multi-sided (looks like sixteen) object instead of a circle.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2247014&postcount=71

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The steering wheel is a multi-sided (looks like sixteen) object instead of a circle.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2247014&postcount=71

Interesting, will definitely have to take a look at the beta and hop into all the vehicles that are controllable.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

You can now press Ctrl+C to switch to the driver position in any vehicle. Unarmed vehicles will start in the driver position by default. The viewpoint will switch to the correct location for the driver and you lose control of the weapons. In the M1A2 it simply looks like this:

iBE8uni.jpg

The cool part is that any vehicle that has the interior model as a visible part of the external 3D model allows you to see the vehicle from a "3D cockpit." Just for example, here is the cockpit view of an M48 Chaparral.

SNkkq6D.jpg

The following list is all the default drivable vehicles I have found with an interior view:

APC M1025 HMMWV

APC M1043 HMMWV Armament

ATGM M1045 HMMWV TOW

SAM Avenger M1097

Transport M818

SAM Chaparral M48

Transport UAZ-469 (best cockpit)

Transport Ural-375

AAA ZU-23 on Ural-375

MLRS BM-21 Grad

SAM SA-8 Osa 9A33

htQkK3F.jpg

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like new aim for tanks :) Good job!

Firing from Avenger is other feeling, a bit harder now or placebo effect.

Nonetheless firing from Tunguska is big pain in the ass, this thing is more capable as ground SAM, err sry - Ground-Ground Missile Launcher Vehicle. Missile control is very unfriendly.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Nonetheless firing from Tunguska is big pain in the ass, this thing is more capable as ground SAM, err sry - Ground-Ground Missile Launcher Vehicle. Missile control is very unfriendly.

3 words, radar off, shot.

Tunguska is big pain in the ass, this thing is more capable as ground SAM, err sry - Ground-Ground Missile Launcher Vehicle. Missile control is very unfriendly.

The SA9M311 is an AFM missile in DCS. AFM missiles are twitchy because they use dynamic systems modelling. But the SA9M311 is also modelled as a manually controlled TOW type missile in DCS which means our human fingers are required to manage the twitching and human fingers aren't good enough.

We need a better UI for driving this missile and future manual missile guidance options in the Tor and OSA.

I have been experimenting with binding turret control to rotary pots on my x55 and I can get really smooth slewing that tracks air targets really nicely. Better than mouse (the way it is setup in DCS).

All I want now is SKVAL type view for targets I am tracking. Optical tracking with human assistance (pots or min-joystick) for when the target exceeds tracking control dynamics.

Edited by vicx
SKVAL

It'd be nice to get some "handicap". Example big circle, and if you manage to keep target in this circle, missile will hit (or say 90% hit).

Or add autolock like in Shkval :D

I tried to smooth my mouse movement but either it is too fast or too slow. When un-zoomed it can go too fast, but when zoomed sometimes target is faster than my mouse which keeps out from desk. This ruins aim completely as missile is already gone.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Check that all axes are removed first from Ground units module and also! from General "module". They overlap!

Mine works but I have mapped an axis on Ground Units for accelerate and keyboard buttons work now only when I put the axis in its "deadzone"... quite briefly. It acts like when you have a axis for Zoom and you try to zoom with keyboard... seems to work a bit then snaps back where the axis is telling it to be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Guys i have same problem. I tried to see how CA works after last patch but it was terrible. My keys (W,A,S,D) were bind to axes of joystick. After removing axes from joystick, it stayed active anyway. Also right button zoom did not work.

Has anyone found any fix for that???

Fixed. Apparently, i had to have axes on joystick (if erased they somehow stick on default) so i bind accelerator to toe brake on rudder and turn left/right to rudder. Turret movements i bind with joystick so after i did that, all was ok. Keys W,A,S,D are now working as before. Now i have both to play with :)

Just took all of the armour for a drive after binding the axis controls to my x55 throttle.

First I'll make a comment on driverview. It is actually a lot cooler than I expected. It doesn't even matter that most of the CA models look pretty ugly in closeup; just being able to freelook is awesome and the POV just feels cool. It will be awesome when driverview works with the Rift. I think the tanks and IFVs have the potential to to be better with the Rift than the aircraft cockpits. Call it a hunch.

The HUD for the driverview I did not like initially but I got used to it. I kind of understand why they made the info element smaller and have hidden it on the lower-right. Although the compass HUD in the top right doesn't really work.

I like most of the new sights. I'll have to make a list of which ones are the best. Most of them feel like a WIP but already they are better than just having a HUD.

The other big new feature is axis controls for vehicle acceleration, vehicle left/right, turret left/right and turret up/down. After binding these to my x55 throttle I have to say it works brilliantly. I strongly recommend binding all four available axii.

On the x55 I used left throttle for tank acceleration with the rocker for changing gear and right throttle for turet up/down with top thumb wheel for turret l/r and bottom thumb wheel for tank l/r. The next most important control is the turret direction lock.

It is genius the way you can lock the turret and fine tune the aiming with the turret axis controls at the same time that you close range and evade fire. I don't actually have to use the mouse much at all.

It was a drag having to leave the cockpit and go into F10 view just to get a look at the map. It would be much better to have a moving map kneeboard in the driverview. This is one feature that is needed.

Batumi to Kerch - maybe but we are gonna need a lot of AD.

Edited by vicx
correction