RB-04E missing targets.

FredoFrance

Hi, i bought Viggen for a couple of weeks ago, looking at tutorialvideos how to use weapons.

Now i have a problem, i cant hit a tanker at sea with my RB-04E.

My aircraft settings:

wep sel: ATAK

Rel mode: ENKEL (single)

Master mode: ANF

A1 Mode, i look at the radar and doing a fix with the radarstick on my X52.

Unsafe trigger, and within range i fire and of they go...i follow them to the target. But they both misses.

What do im doing wrong ?

Rig: Intel I5 8400, 16GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1060, 2x24" wide Philips.

DCS 2.5 modules: A-10C, F15C, AJS-37 Viggen. X52 FSC

Im not follow them after i missed....China maybe :P

Well, that's actually what I wanted to know. So they don't impact in the sea in front of the target or anywhere near. Instead, you are saying, they keep going well beyond their actual max range of 30km. In that case there is something seriously wrong with that if the missile keeps flying beyond their max range.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think i got it.

Lets say i wanna sink a ship at wp2. And i think i missed to put in TAKT 9 to make it target waypoint.

Itried and hit the ship with both.

So if i get this right, i must put in TAKT 9 on every waypoint with targets to make it Target waypoints ?

thanks in advance

I think i got it.

Lets say i wanna sink a ship at wp2. And i think i missed to put in TAKT 9 to make it target waypoint.

Itried and hit the ship with both.

So if i get this right, i must put in TAKT 9 on every waypoint with targets to make it Target waypoints ?

thanks in advance

No, the waypoint type should have no impact on that.

But RagnarDa has a good point there:

Are the targets placed in the mission editor or are they part of the civilian scenery objects?

So, are the ships actual military units or just some scenery objects belonging to the map?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I've only fired the RB-04 in the training mission. I've always kept group targeting on and not seen problems. Is there a problem with group targeting that I've not encountered in my small sample? I'm busy learning the Viggen, and am focussed on navigation and bomb delivery modes at the moment, so I've not spent time with the ASM's outside of the training mission.

No, the waypoint type should have no impact on that.

But RagnarDa has a good point there:

So, are the ships actual military units or just some scenery objects belonging to the map?

I place a Tanker Elnya 160 ( Insurgent) in the missioneditor.

I place them just for target practice.

Is there a problem with group targeting that I've not encountered in my small sample

The missile was designed with the expectation it'd be used against tight formations of russian ships. The group mode will therefore ignore lone perimeter picket ships, and also civilian ships happening to pass by. Group mode will also distribute the missiles among the ships detected.

However, if there is only one target ship, the missile will believe it's one of the non-targets above unless switched from 'grupp' to 'enkel'. Your best indication is that it'll fly right past the target.

Changing my previous statement a bit:

I have had them work well so long as I remember to turn them off of group targeting and shoot from the front or rear.

The missile was designed with the expectation it'd be used against tight formations of russian ships. The group mode will therefore ignore lone perimeter picket ships, and also civilian ships happening to pass by. Group mode will also distribute the missiles among the ships detected.

However, if there is only one target ship, the missile will believe it's one of the non-targets above unless switched from 'grupp' to 'enkel'. Your best indication is that it'll fly right past the target.

Changing my previous statement a bit:

Ah, okay. Thank you. So if there is only one target, or the targets are widely spread, you should switch to enkel, instead of grupp.