Normandy trees (VR)

They are really off putting in VR due to how they are a bright cartoon green. Are there any plans to fix them. I know VR is not a priority but they do really look garish, the map looks fine otherwise, and if the trees were the same as cacacasus I'd have little to grumble about visually.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I hope VR is a priority for DCS. It’s becoming more and more popular in the flight sim world, and is perfect for true immersion. I could never go back to track ir after VR.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Me neither could never go back, I sometimes wish I could lol as lord knows what problems 2D users get apply treble to us, but yup VR or GTFO for me!

Normandy WW2 is actually brilliant, and I am fooking loving it.

The Dora in DCS with a jetseat (those guns whooo) in VR is just heaven, better even than the competition IMO, but in order to get it looking nice I basically have to fly on the verge of sunrise when its dark and just crank up the gamma!

I don't really mind doing this because VR looks waaaaaay better with low gamma and less exposure, but I do like a bit of sunlight early morning or in the evening say. I just have to imagine the sun is hidden somewhere which to be honest is a bit rich in normandy!

So I basically have to fly with no sun! Normandy does look fantastic though and flying like this really did make me realize that the normandy map is much nicer than I thought. The trees/sunlight distracted and detracted from the whole experience so much I couldnt actually form any appreciation for the rest of the map. They are like a festering boil on the nose of a beautiful woman! Luminous green!

So yeah I hope eventually the trees (sun/lighting when it hit's the trees) in normandy will be fixed, and you're right what it will come down to eventually is how much the developers care about VR, because I can see the trees dont look so bad on a monitor.

It's not really a tree problem either as buildings also dont look right (too cartoony) when bathed in the sunlight. So it's a lighting problem.

That said, again for all it's faults its a fantastic experience, and it looks like the last update fixed the horrible lighting bug that used to make night flying impossible. I'm again coming back to DCS more and more again now. It's really making good progress whereas just two weeks ago it was unplayable for me in VR!

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Me neither could never go back, I sometimes wish I could lol as lord knows what problems 2D users get apply treble to us, but yup VR or GTFO for me!

Normandy WW2 is actually brilliant, and I am fooking loving it.

The Dora in DCS with a jetseat (those guns whooo) in VR is just heaven, better even than the competition IMO, but in order to get it looking nice I basically have to fly on the verge of sunrise when its dark and just crank up the gamma!

I don't really mind doing this because VR looks waaaaaay better with low gamma and less exposure, but I do like a bit of sunlight early morning or in the evening say. I just have to imagine the sun is hidden somewhere which to be honest is a bit rich in normandy!

So I basically have to fly with no sun! Normandy does look fantastic though and flying like this really did make me realize that the normandy map is much nicer than I thought. The trees/sunlight distracted and detracted from the whole experience so much I couldnt actually form any appreciation for the rest of the map. They are like a festering boil on the nose of a beautiful woman! Luminous green!

So yeah I hope eventually the trees (sun/lighting when it hit's the trees) in normandy will be fixed, and you're right what it will come down to eventually is how much the developers care about VR, because I can see the trees dont look so bad on a monitor.

It's not really a tree problem either as buildings also dont look right (too cartoony) when bathed in the sunlight. So it's a lighting problem.

That said, again for all it's faults its a fantastic experience, and it looks like the last update fixed the horrible lighting bug that used to make night flying impossible. I'm again coming back to DCS more and more again now. It's really making good progress whereas just two weeks ago it was unplayable for me in VR!

I would like to see an option in DCS to adjust the colours in the sim because as we know we can’t adjust colours on the desktop with the rift. I think this would go a long way to helping, I agree the green is too luminous. I don’t know if having an in game colour setting is possible though?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV