nav system help

SixthFall

Hey everyone. I was hoping someone had a guide or a video of how to use the navigation systems in the mirage. I have read the manual and chuck's guide, but they dont really expalin how to actually use the stuff. I know how to roughly follow a waypoint with the INS if they are pre programmed for a mission, but Would someone explain the difference between the waypoint heading indicator on the hud and the waypoint track error symbol on the hud? Which would i follow and whats the difference between them? Also, is there somewhere that the current waypoint's altitude is displayed? It's all fine and dandy if you can navagate in the direction of a preset waypoint, but is it's altitude displayed somewhere, so I know how high i need to be? I know I am asking alot here, but this is my first sim since the 25t and i want to be able to get the most from it. If there is a video or guide written up about the INS or TACAN i can read somewhere that'd be great, since I am pretty lost here.

:helpsmilie:

Thanks!

-16AGR-Bear

but Would someone explain the difference between the waypoint heading indicator on the hud and the waypoint track error symbol on the hud?

Yes.

The difference is that the waypoint heading indicator on the hud does not exist. :D

You have to look at your IDN (HSI) to get this information.

To navigate to a waypoint, put your velocity vector into the "little house". That's it. ;)

For other questions, please wait until INS is implemented. :)

spacer.png

Yes.

The difference is that the waypoint heading indicator on the hud does not exist. :D

You have to look at your IDN (HSI) to get this information.

To navigate to a waypoint, put your velocity vector into the "little house". That's it. ;)

For other questions, please wait until INS is implemented. :)

Ok, that helps! So is there a way to display what altitude the waypoint is at, or do I just need to write it down in the briefing?

-16AGR-Bear

Ok, that helps! So is there a way to display what altitude the waypoint is at, or do I just need to write it down in the briefing?

On the INS panel is a selector dial which allows you to select the parameter displayed. Amazingly enough, putting this in the "ALT" position will show the altitude of your current waypoint (6,562 feet in my screenshot).

Screen_160416_112618.thumb.jpg.1ac814ff2e167a0bf8a0be085a50548a.jpg