Missed first DCS level armor vehicle simulation

phant

I'm wrong or in the last big Newsletter no words about first DCS level armor vehicle simulation that was mentioned on March 2014 NL?

In additional to our traditional focus on aircraft, we are also gradually expanding and improving the ground combat component of DCS World. Not only does this include continued improvements and additions to Combined Arms, but also work towards our first DCS level armor vehicle simulation.
Bye

Phant

AMVI

I don't think there's been any word since. I'm sure it will crop up again sooner or later though... Just a matter of time.

I also remember Wags asking for people with info in the Abrams a while back.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

No, WoT and WT have shown there's a market for tank themed arcade shooters.

+1

I think the number of WoT players that could be talked into a slow, methodical, hyper detailed tank sim is probably fractions of a percent.

Watch some of the above mulitplayer SB sessions, lots of time with not much happening, even when it is, it's slow and methodical. It's not going to scratch many people's adrenaline itch, certainly not in the same way as WoT.

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

We all know that, but even if 10% of PvP (or whatever it's called) tank players can be lured into a proper armor sim that's a lot of revenue!

I would buy any armor module that comes out to DCS, but as penguin said, proper tank Sim has nothing to offer ordinary WoT customer to be interested in. completely different type of excitement.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

problems are, if theirs nothing the Module can shoot at in multiplayer,newer fans wont get it.
I've shot two players out of the sky (and another on the ground) with the main gun of a Leopard 2 tank, so it isn't fair to say there is "nothing" to shoot at, but the ground component of DCS needs to be improved and I am pretty sure ED knows that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
I would buy any armor module that comes out to DCS, but as penguin said, proper tank Sim has nothing to offer ordinary WoT customer to be interested in. completely different type of excitement.

We need and highly get a semi-beliavable simulation for casual players (who want action and fast in 5-10min from start and spend 30-60min in game) once the EDGE is out.

Speed up the actions, make trees to give cover and concealment, easy way to command platoon or infantry to move, get urban combat possible (AI movement etc) and then easy way to get radio frequency to contact air units if needed etc.

I would not need personally serious damage modeling for penetration, just basic modeling for rear, side, front in hull and same for tower.

There are the other group as well, the RTS fans who are willing to play few hours a evening but they need very easy way to command units, get info and see the map for commands etc.

But how to get RTS and WOT player work together? Other wants to drive where wanted at that moment, not to take commands from others, that is what RTS player so want.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Just the other day I killed a KA50 and an A-10C from the same BMP2 before being killed myself. And today I killed 2 KA50s from a T-55. So it definitely can't be said that there's nothing to shoot at from CA units.

........yup...all kinds of things to shoot at if ya set up some good missions in the editor

.....:-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals