Lost Settings

TWC_SLAG

Tonight, I loaded the latest update. When i opened it, i was asked for my user name and password. Never had to do that before. After typing them in, and starting a quick mission, I found all of my settings were gone. Is there a remedy for this?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 2 weeks later...

142 views, and no responses?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Sorry, I installed also the same update today, but didnt experience your problem

.. the settings are stored at Saved Games/DCS ... did you check to see if perhaps you have now a different DCS folder there?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sorry, I installed also the same update today, but didnt experience your problem

.. the settings are stored at Saved Games/DCS ... did you check to see if perhaps you have now a different DCS folder there?

My problem is with the update before yesterday's.

If the settings file is in the Config folder, I have an Input file which has in it only a P-51D file, which has in it a Joystick file with four Lua files. Two for Cougar MFDs, one each for Joystick and Throttle. They are all dated 9/12/2018.

If those are the ones, what do I do with them?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

What settings? A few option menu clicks? Or all your control inputs? Haven't heard of backups? Now you have.

Also can't blame if it was OB.

All of the control inputs, as if it makes a difference. I appreciate you input.:smartass:

TWC_SLAG

My problem is with the update before yesterday's.

OK, so I assume that you are using the stable version of DCS, I'm running the Openbeta.

If the settings file is in the Config folder, I have an Input file which has in it only a P-51D file, which has in it a Joystick file with four Lua files. Two for Cougar MFDs, one each for Joystick and Throttle. They are all dated 9/12/2018.

What I meant is that it is possible to have several sets of Settings, each with a different folder name .. for example I have two:

one at /Saved Games/DCS.Openbeta/

CjwUQMW.jpg

and another at /Saved Games/DCS.1_5/

POrRKtt.jpg

Both have different /Config/Input/ folders, can you check on your /Saved Games/ folder, to make sure that you have just one set of Settings? hopefully, your previous settings are still there with a different name DCS.xxx

The Input folder should have one subfolder for each aircraft that you own, like this:

zngkRut.jpg

Hope you find the lost configs .. Best regards

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

OK, so I assume that you are using the stable version of DCS, I'm running the Openbeta.

What I meant is that it is possible to have several sets of Settings, each with a different folder name .. for example I have two:

one at /Saved Games/DCS.Openbeta/

CjwUQMW.jpg

and another at /Saved Games/DCS.1_5/

POrRKtt.jpg

Both have different /Config/Input/ folders, can you check on your /Saved Games/ folder, to make sure that you have just one set of Settings? hopefully, your previous settings are still there with a different name DCS.xxx

The Input folder should have one subfolder for each aircraft that you own, like this:

zngkRut.jpg

Hope you find the lost configs .. Best regards

Eduardo

I have only Open Beta. From what you said, the only module with any settings is the P-51D. So, looks like I need to re-do the others.

Thanks, for the help ~S~

TWC_SLAG

Hey, Vinnie, right click on the Saved Games folder and choose 'Restore previous versions' to see if you're lucky.

No luck. It says I have no previous versions. I did find some config/input files for each module in me F drive. But they are, at best, 10 moths old.

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Vinnie. This is DCS. It does weird things time to time.

Not a solution but could you please try this for me?

> Backup your inputs first but keep them at where they are.

> In-game, modify (add/clear or change) something. For example P-51's any joystick button.

Now take a look at your input (joystick) folder. Is there a new lua file created by DCS or did DCS edit your current file?

Thank you.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068