Steam tracking for non steam version

Conure

Hi,

I am using the version of DCS downloaded from the website and I like to have access to early access aircraft. The thing is, I really like to use Steam to track hours played. Dunno why - I guess I like seeing how much time I've invested into a sim.

Is there some way to make steam clock hours on my native DCS install? Perhaps a way I can point it to the exe?

Does anyone know of another way to track hours played (other than using a clock :))

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Hi,

I am using the version of DCS downloaded from the website and I like to have access to early access aircraft. The thing is, I really like to use Steam to track hours played. Dunno why - I guess I like seeing how much time I've invested into a sim.

Is there some way to make steam clock hours on my native DCS install? Perhaps a way I can point it to the exe?

Does anyone know of another way to track hours played (other than using a clock :))

Doesn't the Steam track time after adding it as non-steam game?

I was just today the same thing as it was nice to see that Steam had my 485 hours logged in, while now the standalone means I can't even have that fun and add those flight hours to there.

Of course always could be looked the pilot stats in the DCS and see there the flight hours (are they even there?)

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have a solution! If you download and run the Steam version of DCS whilst you're already running the sim, it opens a little dialog box to say you can only run one instance, but also starts tracking play time. This will do for now :)

Hope this is useful to you Fri.

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Pilot's logbook seems to be working fine again, so why not use it? It gives You more information than steam time tracker ever will.

Does the pilot's logbook track across installations - is it account specific or install?

You've got a point, I believe it tracks only for each specific one.

However, when 2.5 is ready, we'll need only one instead of three, I hope :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 4 weeks later...

Got one better for you, just install the Standalone version OVER your Steam version. Now when you start DCS (via Steam) you will launch the Standalone-version with Steam overlay&playtime tracking. :)

The difference between Steam&Standalone DCS is only one .lua file. (It hides module manager for example)

Just install your standalone config files over the steam version and you are good to go.

Edit: I made this post explaining it a bit more detailed a while ago http://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/discussions/0/364039785161593378/#c364039785162351244

I really hoped I had written down which .lua it was that you had to delete... Sorry about that. If anybody uses that method please try it out and pn it to me if you find it. Thanks in advance! <3

If you are not up to hunting that file, you can just copy over your backed up config folders. (\user&\dcsworld)

edit2: Since this keeps coming up I made it into a guide. I think I might have overcomplicated it, as I tend to do... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=800015938

Edited by ApoNOOB