F-117 NightHawk's Still Active?

Phantom88

Interesting article about The NightHawk's "Radar Locating System(RLS)

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/9540/the-mysterious-case-of-the-f-117-nighthawks-flip-down-radar-locators

"The he F-117 continues to be one of the most intriguing aircraft ever built, even nearly a decade after it was retired, and close to 30 years after it was originally unveiled to the public. From the Nighthawk's "cloaking device" to its "toxic death" paint job, it seem like some of the most interesting aspects of the F-117's story are the small bits that have largely gone unreported. Maybe one of the most obscure and enigmatic details of the "Black Jet" is an elusive component called the Radar Locating System (RLS). For an aircraft that survives on its stealthy shape and coatings, these flip-down antenna arrays seem to deviate drastically from the F-117's modus operandi. But then again, the impetus for their existence may make more sense than not—that is if they really existed at all.

Patrick

mini.gif

• 1 year later...

Boscombe Down incident probably a early stealth drone recon or test flight that ended with a mechanical failure. there's probably enough Info now historically what was going on geo-politically in the world at that time. my theory is it was a early prototype of the RQ-3 DarkStar which happen to have its maiden flight in 96. and why i think thats is because shortly after it has a "crash" shortly after takeoff. A modified, more stable design (the RQ-3A) first flew on June 29, 1998, and made a total of five flights before the program was canceled just prior to the sixth and final flight planned for the airworthiness test phase. Two additional RQ-3As were built, but never made any flights that we know of before program "cancellation". rumors of it flying again in 2003 and then just oddly enough this long shelved design looks kinda like the new RQ-180..

that or its some super secret Squirrel Design...

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base