DCS F-15C: The Georgian War Campaign

As far as I know, yes. I tested the entire campaign in the new Caucasus map about 2 months ago and had no issues. A few things have since cropped up in 1.5.8, but I am optimistic that the bug fixes will carry through; as an air to air campaign, the missions are largely unaffected by the new forests etc.

• 2 months later...

Just to note I'm at the mission #4 right now and very much enjoy the campaign so far but 2 things bug me. Why would you require me to log in every time? I bought F-15C module, installed it and I can play without logging in. I bought the campaign, installed it but cannot play without logging in.

The other thing is minor but I expected a little better quality from the briefing maps. No zoom function and same quality in downloaded pdf makes it barely readable. Also M#3 lacks the bullseye info. Kinda important when they relate to it during the mission.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Hey draconus, thanks for your feedback.

As for the logging in - that is a question to ED, campaign builders have nothing to do with this :)

Briefing maps - these were prepared back in the time where there was no option to zoom given by DCS (it was added fairly recently). It is and will be available in all the newer campaigns (first of which will be the M-2000C Red Flag). Having said that, these maps are for general situation overview, for more details I think the stock ones included in the kneeboard or using F-10 map is much better.

Finally, bullseye info - I think we can easily add it.

Dzięki!

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

I'm just curious about this two things and thought that I'd ask for your opinion. No nitpicking at all.

There is Georgian long range radar mentioned during mission #11 detecting aircrafts behind the Russian border. How can it detect targets behind the mountains? There is really no good place for it from where it would be possible.

And all that chit-chat between pilots is really interesting and funny sometimes (especially A-10 jokes ;) but how is it IRL? Is it even allowed? Is this going on same channel and frequency that other friendly flights are using?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Hey,

Ad.1. - I know there were Georgian LR radars deployed and destroyed during the conflict. Not sure if it could detect Russian flights on the other side of the mountains unless they were high enough, which I am sure was the case quite often.

Ad.2. - from the books I've read and discussions with the pilots it absolutely happens in real life, especially on long patrols etc. Normally it would be on element channel, but that is impossible to reflect in FC3 aircraft - but if you try the upcoming Red Flag campaign for M-2000C you will see that this kind of chatter happens only on a wing or package frequency.

Pilots do tell and make jokes quite often during the ferry flights or on the way to the AO. During the action the comms would change to rather to-the-point with full brevity use.

Cheers,

BD

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks for the clarification. It actually makes me enjoy the campaign more knowing that all have been well thaught-out and with as much realism as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

I just started the F-15C Georgian War campaign, and in mission 2 it says to maintain “constant radio contact” w AWACS. At waypoint 3 you rendezvous w AWACS, and I get the automatic/scripted message from it that there are some enemy planes at a given distance and heading from bullseye.

With that, I’m able to find them and lock them up on my radar, but by the time I begin to get close enough to them to actually do anything, I get a message from AWACS that says I’ve crossed into a region where I’m not supposed to be, and to turn back immediately.

Apart from that, I have no ability to contact AWACS and get the bogey dope to find them again once I turn back and turn around. Without it, I’ve been able to find the enemy planes on my own 2-3 times during the course of the mission, but I always am told to “turn back” before I can actually get close enough to them to actually do anything, and eventually I become completely unable to find them.

I looked up a YouTube video of someone doing this mission and they were able to contact AWACS to get bogey dope. Without it, I basically just end up flying in circles in the dark for about 75 minutes looking for something that I can’t really seem to do anything to, eventually running out of fuel and failing the mission after landing. I find this extremely frustrating, as it literally wastes an entire hour of my life while I just fly in the dark and cannot contact AWACS.

Am I doing something wrong to not be able to contact AWACS or is this mission broken? I currently am using the latest version of the beta.

Thanks!

Hi LiquidSnake.

Please use the 2.5.0 stable release. Most missions in the campaign will not function properly in the 2.5.1 beta due to AI behavior issues.

The relevant issues have been reported to ED but until a fix is released the campaign will not function in 2.5.1

See THIS THREAD if you need help rolling back to 2.5.0.15365

Edited by feefifofum

• 1 year later...

What an amazing campaign. The voice recordings throughout made it seem like being a real F-15C pilot during a real conflict. There is some interesting information to learn by listening to the conversations between the Flight Commander (the Player; you) and the Wingman. The mission code was flawless and the map is all Fog of War which makes it interesting. Some missions were very challenging and I had to learn the hard way not to go head to head with the MiG-31 FoxHound. The Georgian War campaign module for the F-15C made my DCS World experience so worth the hours I put in learning to fly, navigate, land the aircraft, and operate the radar, read the RWR, and utilize the weapon systems. I would say this is a must have for anyone who has the F-15C or Flaming Cliffs 3 modules. Thank you much to all those who put this awesome campaign together.

• Like 1

VR rig - stinkin' cool!