VIVE

colintve

I recently got a VIVE and am loving DCS that I got through Steam. Having spent many hours in a multi million pound British Army Simulator, the VIVE experience with DCS is actually better.

I would love to be able to fly the Gazelle in VR on my VIVE, but am unsure if I can get Version 2 beta or any other version that will work with the VIVE.

Is the Gazelle going to be released to Steam and will it work in the Steam version of DCS or do I have to get the BETA version outside of Steam? If so, will it work with the VIVE.

I know it works in the regular version of DCS. I'd assume it would work in the Steam version as well. Everything always takes longer getting to the Steam version. Hence why a lot of people don't use it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Phew

Thanks for that, I have flown in a real Gazelle a lot do really looking forward to flying a fast and nimble helicopter. The Black Shark is really cool, but the view from the Gazelle must be amazing. I am not a sim person, just a casual gamer, but since finding DCS on my Vive I pretty much am in it the whole time. Its amazing.

Thanks for the update, I will be patient. Can't come soon enough for me though :)

Colin

No need to wait for the steam release. I've just uninstalled my steam version so I can fly the mirage and gazelle using the vive. Just ensure you have auto detect oculus rift and your vive will automatically turn on and run DCS. No need to even start steam VR.

Not yet. The controllers are modelled as hands in the mirage so it may be possible in the future.

I just use the mouse, not seeing it is not as much of an inconvenience as you might imagine!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a question regarding the Vive. I'm steering clear of the OR because of their decision to go down the exclusive route. So, I'm pinning my hopes on HTC or any other competitors who enter the market. Back OT...

With the Vive, can you see the script around the gauges and switches correctly?

How are the frame rates? And, Which card are you using?

It's really the only thing putting me off the tech at the moment, I hate anything that looks fuzzy or blurry.

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

• 3 months later...
I also have a question regarding the Vive. I'm steering clear of the OR because of their decision to go down the exclusive route. So, I'm pinning my hopes on HTC or any other competitors who enter the market. Back OT...

With the Vive, can you see the script around the gauges and switches correctly?

How are the frame rates? And, Which card are you using?

It's really the only thing putting me off the tech at the moment, I hate anything that looks fuzzy or blurry.

I know this question is directed at Vive owners, however, for the record, you can clearly see every marking, serial number and yes the script around the gauges and switches on the OR.

When my OR arrived I had a GTX 970 which worked amazingly well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rig: W10 PRO 64 bit, Intel 7700K, Asus Maximus IX Code, 32GB G-Skill Ripjaw DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 1TB M.2 970PRO SSD Primary HDD, 4TB Storage, TH Warthog, Oculus Rift, 27" Samsung 4k Display. 2x Wheel Stand Pro v2 (Hotas & Stick) + Warthog Stick Adaptor

There is an extensive thread on setting up your VIVE on the "Input and Output" thread in the Forums under "Sim Topics". Read there to get the best mileage out of it. My experience, using the settings recommended in that thread... I need the Pixel Density set to 1.5 or higher to see the gauges well enough to read them. Higher is better, but your frame rate will drop at higher density settings and at some point you'll get ghosting (which isn't a fun visual experience).

Good luck. I'm enjoying my VIVE.

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

• 1 month later...

I have the Vive (and my buddy who flies DCS has the OR). I have pixel density set to 1.5, the cockpit looks great for the gazelle. How you wear the headset and minor adjustments one makes with the headset dials in the crispness of view for the cockpit gauges depending on yoru actual vision.

I really cannot wait to be VR and at the moment the vive looks to be the one!

Interesting post for my future needs.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.